have been a victim of ID theft and had to shut down my Apple ID with Apple, and restart a new one.

semperfiDrew
semperfiDrew
Community Member

What can you do to help me re-aquire your application that I used so often, so I don’t have to re-purchase it? I don’t see why I should when I just purchased the application within the past 6 months. If need be, I can call my CC company and charge it back to you, and then repurchase. I will not be repurchasing just because apple says thats what I have to do if I want it.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @semperfiDrew,

The first thing to be aware of is that Apple's hands are pretty tied. After the publicity of the unauthorised access to certain celebrity accounts they tightened up security around accounts but there are times where that openly flies in the bid to help their customers. It sucks but the goal is to reduce the chances of your account being stolen. This is why it's very important you store all the relevant security details you need to recover an account.

Now we can't help you regain the Mac App Store version of 1Password for Mac. We have no control or influence in Apple's store in this regard. We supply the binary and certain other details and that is pretty much our involvement. We're not informed who purchases 1Password for Mac via their store and you aren't paying us directly so initiating a chargeback, if it is possible, would be against Apple and not us. Payment, authentication, purchase records - all of that remains with Apple.

We won't leave it on a negative note though. Do you have your Apple receipt for your purchase of 1Password for Mac? If you do then email us support+licenses@agilebits.com with a link to this thread and the original Apple receipt and we can see what we can do.

This discussion has been closed.