1Password license

Options
MizarF
MizarF
Community Member

Hello everyone.

My question is if I buy version 5.3 of 1Password now through the Mac App Store, will I have to pay in the next version?

Thanks a lot.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MizarF
    MizarF
    Community Member
    Options

I am referring to one major upgrade, for example 1Password 6.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Major upgrades (i.e., between main version numbers, as in your example) are usually, but not invariably, chargeable. For example, the upgrade from 1P4 to 1P5 was in fact free.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MizarF,

Thanks for your question! I wish I could give you a definite answer, but at this point there really isn't one to give - it's simply too early to know. As Stephen said, some major versions have been paid upgrades while others have been free.

What I can tell you is that when you purchase 1Password, your license for the purchased version will never expire and you will receive all point updates for free. For example, if you buy 1Password 5 for Mac, updates for version 5.x (i.e. version 5.3, 5.4, and so on) will be free. If it turns out the next major version is a paid upgrade, that doesn't mean you have to purchase it - we don't force you to upgrade and you can continue using your licensed version for as long as your computer's operating system supports it.

I'm sorry I don't have a more specific answer for you about that! If you have more questions, please let us know - we're always happy to help. :)

• MizarF
    MizarF
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. Thanks for responding.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MizarF ,

I'm glad to see you found answers here. As Drew says, we're here if you need anything further - have a great day! :)

This discussion has been closed.