vault missing after new install

Options
andrew610610
andrew610610
Community Member

i've installed 1pw 5 on a new mac and now no longer have any vaults. i use clean my mac

can you advise?

regards,

Andrew Wright

1Password Version: 1Password 5 Version 5.3.2 (532001) Agile Web Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @andrew610610,

I'm sorry to hear you're missing your vaults in 1Password! Just to make sure I understand, did you sync the vaults to 1Password on your new Mac but then they disappeared after using CleanMyMac? Or do you mean you never had your 1Password vaults on your new Mac and need help to sync them from your old Mac?

Unfortunately, some app cleaning utilities can be a little too aggressive and may delete critical files used by some apps. But from your description, I'm not sure if using CleanMyMac caused your 1Password vaults to disappear, or if you simply haven't synced your 1Password vaults to the new Mac yet. To help us understand your setup and what happened, can you please let us know some more details:

• Did you previously have all your 1Password data on your old Mac?
    • Do you still have your old Mac, and does it still have your 1Password data?
    • What version of the 1Password app is installed on the old Mac?
    • Aside from your new & old Macs, what other devices/computers are you syncing with 1Password (if any)?
    • What version of 1Password are you using on the other devices/computers (if any)?
    • How are you syncing your 1Password data (Dropbox, iCloud, Wi-Fi Sync)?
    • Did you sync your 1Password data to the new Mac after installing 1Password 5?
    • If you previously had all your 1Password data on the new Mac, did it disappear after using CleanMyMac?
    • What happens when you open 1Password 5 on the new Mac?
    • Do you receive any error messages? If so, what do they say?
    • Do you have any backups of your new Mac?
    • How many vaults had you been using in 1Password?

Once we know more details, we should have a better idea of what happened and what your options are. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.