Different information reflected on Windows computers and Android devices running 1Password

Options
walter_gartner
walter_gartner
Community Member

I purchased 1Password 4 for Windows for my desktop and laptop computers (I've used 1Password for Windows since it was a Beta version) and 1Password for Android (purchased premium features) for my wife's and my phones. On my Android devices, 1Password says that I have 156 Logins saved. On my two Windows computers, 1Password says I have 135 logins (there is also a difference between the number secure notes both platforms report). Looking at the logins on the Windows computer, I see that several of the entries are old (and deleted on the Android devices). When I add a new login on a Windows machine, it shows up on the Android devices. I'm currently running the latest version of 1Password 4 for Windows and the latest version of 1Password (not the Reader) for Android. I am syncing over DropBox. The information reflected by the Android version of 1Password is correct. What gives?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Android uses the opvault format internally. opvault does not have as many categories as the older agilekeychain format. Consequently, when you sync Android to Windows it will store some of the Windows items (like routers, databases and generic accounts for example) as logins. This might explain why Android is reporting more logins than Windows; it is simply including items from some of the other Windows categories.

Look at Windows, in the Accounts section and search for some of them in Android. If you find them in the logins section then you know that this is what is happening.

• LauraR
    Options

@walter_gartner - please let us know if @RichardPayne's suggestion helped.

• walter_gartner
    walter_gartner
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, this does not answer my question. I have several old (no longer valid) entries in the accounts category in the Windows version that do not appear in any categories in the Android version. This is rather unsettling as the versions should be completely synced. Does this problem exist between the Mac and IOS versions of 1Password?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@walter_gartner: Sorry for the confusion! There are definitely differences between the older Agile Keychain format which 1Password for Android still uses and the newer OPVault format, but perhaps this is not be related to that at all.

It sounds like you have items which are not shown in any category in 1Password for Android. Is that correct? Do they show up in a search in 1Password for Android? Also, what do you mean by 'no longer valid'?

I hope you don't mind, but I've moved this discussion to the Android category of the forums to make sure that you get the attention you need. Meanwhile, be sure to let us know which OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, as well as the sync method (Dropbox, folder copy). We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• walter_gartner
    walter_gartner
    Community Member
    Options

Up front, thanks (everyone) for your help! As I failed to include the information about the software I'm using when I first asked my question, here it is... Android Password Manager v. 4.2.1 on a Verizon LG G3 and a Samsung S5, the latest version of 1Password 4 for Windows (not sure of the exact version as I'm not in front of one of my computers but it is the very latest update) running on two Windows 7 PCs syncing over DropBox. In addition to having 157 Logins showing on Android and 135 Logins showing on Windows, I have three email addresses (in the Address category) that were cancelled years ago that show up in 1Password 4 for Windows that do not appear anywhere in 1Password for Android. The entries were created using the Beta version of 1Password for Windows but deleted using the Android Password Manager right after it came out. Yes, I only noticed the discrepancy between platforms recently.

A little background that might help out. I started using 1Password for Windows when it was a Beta product and used it with the 1Password reader for Android. After a year of using 1Password reader without the ability to create entries on my phone and no read/write version of 1Password for Android in sight, I switched to mSecure. When AgileBits finally came out with the Password Manager for Android (two years later?), I installed it and purchased the ability to record entries (after the initial free trial period). In the mean time 1Password for Windows had been upgraded to version 4 so I purchased the upgrade for Windows.

Short of doing a manual, entry by entry review of over 250 entries (in many categories) on two platforms, is there a way to sync everything properly in an automated fashion?

• saad
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hey @walter_gartner. Thanks for providing us with a little background on your 1Password configuration. I'd like to ask you to log into 1PasswordAnywhere and let me know how many items you are seeing there. To do so, log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser and open the 1Password.html file in the 1Password.agilekeychain you're syncing to in Dropbox.

I'd also like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC and your Android device.

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

ref: VWG-35227-945

• walter_gartner
    walter_gartner
    Community Member
    Options

Done! I look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks much!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

@walter_gartner: Thanks! I see that Steve is in contact with you via email, so I'll close this discussion for now and we can continue the conversation there. :)

ref: VWG-35227-945

This discussion has been closed.