Tags not showing up on Windows 1password [Use ALT+Down in the search field to see the list of tags]

Options
ckp
ckp
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi, I created folders "Personal" and "Work" and tags "personal" and "work" using my Mac 1password. Then I went to my Windows 1password a little later (i use dropbox to sync vault) and I only see the folders, but no tags on the left tree of the gui. I also don't see the item in the Work folder that I put there when on my Mac 1password. So, I tried adding a new login on my Windows 1password and chose to put it in folder "Work" and tag "work". It indeed went to the Work folder on my Windows 1password, but I still don't see any tags on the left?? I have the latest Windows 1p version and 5.3 on Mac.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ckp 1Password for Windows doesn't have tags in the sidebar -- yet. This is on my list of things to do.

That being said, you can see your tags here:

1. Press Ctrl+F
    2. While the blinking caret is in the search input, press Alt+↓
    3. From the popup menu, select one of your tags

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/working-with-folders-and-tags

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member
    Options

I see, then I will just use folders. So now the question is why did the folder items I put in my Mac 1p did not make it to my windows 7 1p as I described in my original post?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

why did the folder items I put in my Mac 1p did not make it to my windows 7 1p

@ckp They should. Please lock 1Password, and then unlock it. Does this solve the problem?

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member
    Options

No, and I also exited the app and started it back up. Initially it got the folder, but the folder was empty.
    I will try adding another item. To the folder from my Mac, wait for the Dropbox sync and check.

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member
    Options

Right now it seems to be working fine. I am seeing a good two-way sync on my folder contents between my mac and windows computers.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ckp,

I'm glad it is working fine. Please do let us know if that changes and/or if you have any other questions for us.

• Superfandominatrix
    Superfandominatrix
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch I'd like to x2 request a tag view feature on Windows. I have certain functionality on the Mac that isn't visible / usable on Windows. Example, I have tags that show which websites are mapped to which credit / debit card. This is in addition to the log in being filed in various folders called "Education", "Shopping", etc.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Superfandominatrix,

It's on our list to add to 1Password for Windows in the future. Right now, you can just click on the search field and press Alt + down to see your tags or if you know what tag you want, you can just type tag:Education and it will find these tagged items.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Superfandominatrix What @MikeT says. You can also see your Tags in the 1Password web browser extension:

• Superfandominatrix
    Superfandominatrix
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, all these tag hints for Windows are right on the money. The only thing I still don't know how to do is bulk tag changes. Any ways to drag and drop a group of records from tag A to tag B? Any way to bulk rename a tag?

• MikeT
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @Superfandominatrix,

At the moment, that's not possible unless Stefan has a trick he'd like to share. Tag management will be possible and easier once we add it to the sidebar; you can rename tags, drag items in to tag them all at once, and so on.

This discussion has been closed.