Auto-learning and search in 1p keyboard

mishamsk
mishamsk
Community Member

1p keyboard is awesome option for filling in apps and browsers. I do not even mind to switch between my primary keyboard and 1p.

However it lacks some functionality which will make life much easier.
1. If the keyboard did not automatically recognized appropriate login item and I manually browsed for one it should automatically learn!
2. It would be great to have search option (or at least quick alphabet based scroll) in "Browse for login" layout

1Password Version: 4.5b6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

+1 for this would be really making 1pw 10000000% more user friendly

• peri
    edited July 2015

Hey there! I feel like y'all are on a roll with all the great improvement suggestions I've been seeing lately. :)

It would be awesome if the keyboard could learn which logins to use. Currently it matches the URLs to those saved with login items, so logins aren't automatically detected for sites and apps whose URLs are obfuscated. However, if there were some way around that it would be great. It would also be helpful in instances where the URL saved for the item simply doesn't match the app URL. I'll pass this along to the developers.
    ref: OPA-582

With regards to searching, though, there is a search bar in the top right corner. Tap that, and then begin typing over "Search for logins." Let me know if that helps!

• mishamsk
    mishamsk
    Community Member

@peri shame on me, I've missed on search button, but now I know it is there.

Regarding auto-learning. As far I understand you look at app domain (e.g. com.google.mail...) and try to match it to URL (backwards). I guess you can store the app domain along with web URL and use both for matching. Theoretically you can even store an obfuscated one.

• I'm glad to hear that you were able to use the search function! :)

I've sent your request regarding auto-learning to our developers for their consideration. Let us know if you have any other feedback or suggestions!

This discussion has been closed.