Credit card filling issues

Options
Jables
Jables
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

As compared to Dashlane and Lastpass, 1Password is really bad at recognizing and filling credit card info into forms.

This happens to me all the time, to the point where usually I just copy/paste CC info instead of even trying 1Password anymore, but my latest frustration was with the USPS.com site.

This form looks, on its facade, to be extremely simple (the credit card number isn't even split into four fields - see screenshot). Yet, the only field that 1Pass will fill is the expiry date.

Like I said, this happens all the time. I understand that these credit card inputs are difficult to tackle because of how differently they can be formatted, the validation that goes into them, and javascript features that automatically move input selection from one input to the next upon inputting a set number of characters, but I used Lastpass for two years (four years ago) and Dashlane for two years (two years ago) and they were almost always spot on. This is just one place that 1Password is really behind.

I'll start paying attention as to where and update the thread when I find more specific examples of poor performance.

A related question... Why can't 1Password fill identity information with credit card information? How many times does a website ask you for a credit card number and not ask for your name and address?

Comments

• Jables
    Jables
    Community Member
    Options

Here's another example: https://www.clientexec.com/members/order.php

Hit continue twice (input a random domain name) and then try filling in the forms.

1Password will not fill the first name, last name, or country fields using a saved Identity, and it will not fill the expiration dates using a saved credit card.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jables,

I'd like to say thank you for posting and making sure we're aware when 1Password's filling lets you down. This particular section of the forums spans all the various platforms so it would help us if we know what operating system and version of 1Password you run day to day. I'm going to now go look at the URL you've graciously posted :smile:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi @Jables,

I've tested Clientexec and found exactly as you did. I tried both the stable version of 1Password 5.3 for Mac and the beta. I've report both the Identity issue and Credit Card as separate items just to make sure one isn't lost within the other. I'm not sure if I'll be able to reach the USPS payment page but I'll certainly take a shot (Edit: confirmed Card Number filling failure).

ref: synapse 971 & synapse 972 & synapse 1044

• Jables
    Jables
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for looking into this.

I am using Mac OS X 10.10.3
    1Password 5.3 (530032)
    Chrome 42.0.2311.90 (64-bit)

I use Windows just as often when I'm not traveling, though, and have experienced the same frustrations.

Windows 8.1
    1Password 4.3.1.560
    Chrome 42.0.2311.90 m

Can I just continue to use this thread to report when I find forms that do not fill properly?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jables,

Please do :smile: I may branch one or two off if they need to receive more attention and we don't want to get the thread of conversation lost at all or would actually like to make it more discoverable for others. Other than that, if they are simple cases where I'm confirming and reporting on your behalf then this thread seems like a good location.

Now it is possible for anybody to report any kind of filling issue via 1Password mini in the following manner.

By reporting it here though I will also test our betas to see if it's an issue we've manage to improve on already or if it still exists.

Just to let you know that we are working on centralising the filling logic. This new approach is currently in the publicly released versions of iOS and Mac. It hasn't made it into a stable version of the 1Password for Windows yet but it is in the betas there. That means that as we resolve the issues on the Mac you should see a leap in improvement but also consistency in Windows when the, I'm guessing, next stable is released. As a result, issues with the Mac will better help us as that's where Windows is going too.

Thank you for all your help, reporting of this sort of thing is invaluable :smile:

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member
    Options

Would it be possible to have the website issues reporting tool in the IOS App too, possibly as another item in the help section.

• Jables
    Jables
    Community Member
    Options

I've found another example where 1Password fails to fill a credit card form. The only field it fills is the expiration date, and it uses the "Valid From" date instead of the expiration date on file.

http://www.airasia.com/au/en/home.page?cid=1

I'm not sure that you'll be able to access this form without trying to book a flight with AirAsia. I don't think you need to create an account with them to book a flight, however.

• Meek
    Options

Hi @tonydow,

We would love to have the website issue reporting tool in the iOS app as well! I can't give you a timeline on when that will happen, but its on our list. :)

@Jables Thanks for letting us know about that site too! I can confirm that filling is indeed not working properly there for both identity and credit card filling - added to our todo list!

• Jables
    Jables
    Community Member
    Options

The event (concerts/festivals) management website Flavorus does not work well with 1Password.

1Password fills in the full name in the first name input.
    Does not fill credit card number.
    Does not fill State dropdown.
    Fills State in the Zip field.

To test, go to an event like this one: http://www.flavorus.com/event/Summer-Set-Music-Festival-2015/277411
    Select that you want one ticket, and then click checkout. You may have to create an account, but it only requires an email address. Hopefully you've got a testing account you can use for this sort of thing.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jables,

Thanks for that. I've reported both the identity and credit card filling issues I found when I tested the site just now.

I may have to revisit the site though as I didn't see a state dropdown field at all. It might be a difference based on how you interact with the site.

• Jables
    Jables
    Community Member
    Options

1Password is unable to fill credit card information on etsy.com and the synapse reporting system will not work on the this site.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jables: I just tested easy.com checkout in both Safari and Chrome, and had no issues both filing credit card information and using the Synapse website issue tracker.

Is there a particular URL you're having trouble with? I noticed that some items seem to require PayPal checkout, so maybe there's a PayPal popup you're getting where you're experiencing the issue. Please let me know. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• Jables
    Jables
    Community Member
    Options

I've just tried again and am still having issues. I should have specified that I'm on OS X right now.

Also, I assume that was a typo in your previous post and you tested etsy.com and not easy.com.

OS X 10.10.3
    Chrome 43.0.2357.130 (64-bit)
    1Password 5.3.2

Etsy uses a modal window to add credit cards at the time of purchase. In OS X, 1Password will not fill any information into the modal window. Attempting to use the Synapse tracker after failing to fill the form points me to a page that says "Oops, something went wrong."

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @Jables,

Is the page you're referring to different from this one?

I've tried this in both Safari and Chrome and on that particular screen it correctly fills in all the details I'd expect it to. Is there another page that we're missing and if there is can you guide us to it please.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Also, I assume that was a typo in your previous post and you tested etsy.com and not easy.com.

Indeed. Sorry about that! My autocorrect doesn't like 'etsy'... :(

I'm seeing the same thing as lil bobby here, using a similar setup:

OS X 10.10.3
    Chrome 43.0.2357.130 (64-bit)
    1Password 5.3.2

The exception being that I'm on 10.10.4, which was released a week ago.

Etsy uses a modal window to add credit cards at the time of purchase. In OS X, 1Password will not fill any information into the modal window. Attempting to use the Synapse tracker after failing to fill the form points me to a page that says "Oops, something went wrong."

You're correct that often these dialogs block extensions from being able to interact, but I'm not seeing anything like this when I go to make a purchase, which is why I asked if there's a particular URL you're using. It's impossible to say what might be going wrong without reproducible steps, so any concrete information you can provide may help us find a solution for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.