Lost password, how do I reset, please?

Bewildered
Bewildered
Community Member
The iPhone version of 1Password is dead handy for opening password-protected websites on the iPhone. Or it would be, except that it doesn't recognise the password I thought was the one I'd set for it. Not the numeric sign-in password, but the second one it asks for when you ask to open an app with it.

How do I reset it, please?

Comments

• Bewildered
    Bewildered
    Community Member
    edited March 2011
    Not entirely, Stu. I went to More/Settings/Security/Reset Master Password, and it asked me for my current password and rejected the one I gave it.

Is there some way I can nuke the app and all its settings and reinstall it from the start? That would be a workaround.
  • Bewildered
    Bewildered
    Community Member
    edited March 2011
    Trying to do that now, Stu, though I had a network timeout in the iTunes store first two times. (Ah, ok, done now and reinstalling.)

Sorry to be dorky and floopy, but how do I get the information into Dropbox and onto the phone? (I have Dropbox set up on both.)

Ah, it's ok, used wifi; not the securest, but heck...

Thanks for your help, Stu.

Oh, one question: it asks me what my username is. How do I find that out?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2011
    Oh, one question: it asks me what my username is. How do I find that out?

1Password for iPhone only uses a 4-digit unlock code and master password. You should not be prompted by 1Password for a username on your iPhone.

Could you please take a screenshot so we can see the problem? You can take a screenshot by pressing the Home and Sleep buttons on your iOS device simultaneously. This will take a picture of your screen and save it to your Camera Roll. You can attach it to a reply to this message.
This discussion has been closed.