The extension does NOT load properly, and sometimes mangles the pop-up to save a new login

Options

I am using the 1Password extension version 4.4.0 running in Safari 7.1.7 under Mac OS X 10.9.5.

When saving new logins, sometimes, the extension appears to either run out of memory or has problems with generating the pop-up dialog for saving a new log-in, and sometimes completely mangling it, forcing me to escape to close it. It only draws part of the popup dialog, with the rest being semi-transparent or missing and inaccessible.

I then have to manually save the login.

Is this a known bug? Can it be fixed? If so, how?

Thanks,

Michael Frankel
Wizard Consulting Group, Inc.

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: 4.4.0
OS Version: 10.9.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @michaelfrankel,

We are aware of an open and fill issue between the newer versions of the 1Password Browser Extension and 1Password 4 for Mac but I haven't come across anything like this yet.

The first thing to do is a full reboot of your Mac, just to make sure it isn't some weird temporal glitch that a reboot can sort out.

If it isn't, can you try a little testing for us please, it might help determine where the issue is.

In Safari you should have an Extensions tab in Safari's preferences. On the left there should be a list of extensions and at the bottom an entry titled Updates. If you select that there should be a checkbox titled Install Updates Automatically. Just for testing purposes can you disable that and then uninstall the 1Password 4.4.0 Extension. Close Safari completely to ensure the cache doesn't warp the next part.

Here are links to a couple of the last major versions of the extension.

Could you try these one at time please. If you follow that order you shouldn't need to jump through hoops moving from one to the next as each will be newer than the last. Do any of them improve the situation and does the behaviour return with a certain version?

I'm hoping we learn something useful from that, assuming of course a reboot doesn't help. Hopefully we can discover the cause :smile:

This discussion has been closed.