Rich icons NOT enabled.

Options
DCIFRTHS
DCIFRTHS
Community Member

I have rich icons DISABLED. For the first time since installing 1Password (about 3 weeks) I got an attempt, from 1Password mini, to connect to aws.cachefly.net at 205.234.175.175. Since rich icon is disabled, why would 1Password Mini trying to connect to aws.cachefly.net? I have the latest Mac App Store version installed .

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The explanation is in this knowledge base article:

Why is 1Password trying to connect to some random website?

Stephen

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DCIFRTHS,

As mentioned in the article Stephen_C linked to, there are several other reasons 1Password would seek to connect to CacheFly, all of which are related only to keeping 1Password up to date, so hopefully this is not a cause for alarm. We're here for you if you have any other questions. :)

• macvanhaus
    macvanhaus
    Community Member
    Options

Same thing here. I have 1Password installed for many years and Rich Icons disabled. Never have I had this cachefly connection until today. I understand that it's also related "to keeping 1Password up to date". But thing is this is the App Store version; the App Store is supposed to do its job updating things around. Same thing for browser addons, they are updated by the browser. So I don't see why there has to be another layer of update.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @macvanhaus,

We are aware of a bug where Watchtower may try to update even if it is disabled (and Watchtower is one of the causes for these connections). This could be what you're seeing if you also have Watchtower disabled. This bug should be resolved in the next update I believe but I don't know when this will be. We're not trying to pull anything over you, we need you to trust us or you can't trust 1Password at all after all. If this is the cause it's merely a blip. It took a while to track down because most of us here use Watchtower.

ref: OPM-3032

This discussion has been closed.