No autofill on came-tv

On the website http://www.came-tv.com/index.php?main_page=login 1Password for Mac can not fill out Username an PW

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
KB Article: fix-website-login

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Pebowski,

Can I ask, have you tried saving a Login item using our How to manually save a Login at all? It might be worth a shot. I've just tried this myself and it correctly fills in the right email address and password fields (so it ignores the signup section). It might be the error you're receiving is when you try to submit but if it was just about filling I think that guide will help. Please do let us know if it helps or not :smile:

• Pebowski
    Pebowski
    Community Member

Hi!

Thanks for your tip, but it does not help in my case. I think, I have found out, what causes the problem: on this page there is a section for new customers (who must enter all information) and a section for existing customers (only with email and PW) - both sections have fields with email and PW - and 1PW fillls out the section for new customers. What can I do in such a case?

Regards,
    Peter

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Pebowski,

You're correct that both sides have fields for email address and password but when I tested filling using the extension saved Login item it did correctly fill in the right set of fields. The reason it did is because the IDs of the fields are different depending on which side you're trying to fill.

It might be it's something specific to the browser you're using or the version of the extension you're running. I tested in Safari using the 4.4.1 extension so maybe this differs from your setup? Could you let us know your preferred browser along with the browser version please and which version of the extension you're running. For this last bit this page, How to find which version of the 1Password extension is installed might help.

Hopefully this can help explain why you're unable to replicate my findings.

• Pebowski
    Pebowski
    Community Member

Hi,

I use Safari 8.0.7 and the extensions are 4.4.1
    Hope this helps.

Regards
    Peter

• Pebowski
    Pebowski
    Community Member

I tried it now once again and saved a new login - and now it works. Don't ask me what I have done wrong before, I don't know and see no difference to the tries I made before.
    Thank you for your help!!!
    Peter

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Pebowski,

It might be we never find out why the previous attempt didn't work. Given we're getting the same results now though I'm happy that everything makes sense :smile:

Should you have any other issues please do pop back into the forums and we'll see what we can do :smile:

• Pebowski
    Pebowski
    Community Member

Hi,
    I have found something new: when I start it from 1PW mini it works OK, but when I'm on the Login page and I enter cmd+# then it fills out the wrong fields. Can you duplicate this behaviour?
    Best regards,
    Peter

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi Peter ( @Pebowski ),

I wasn't able to replicate that behaviour here, although admittedly with only minimal testing at the moment. I can try again later or maybe @littlebobbytables will beat me to it after he arrives. :)

Can you test filling using both methods with a Login item created in the main application and let us know the result? I've successfully tested that here and hopefully that'll also work for you there. Thanks!

• Pebowski
    Pebowski
    Community Member

Hi!
    Do you mean, that I should start 1PW from the Applications folder, create manually a new Login with Username + PW and then try 1) to start it from here and 2) with cmd+#?
    Regards,
    Peter

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi Peter ( @Pebowski ),

Yep!

• Open the main 1Password application
    • Create a new Login item with only username, password, and website fields
      Use http://www.came-tv.com/index.php?main_page=login for the website value

• Save the new item with a unique name like CAME-TV tester

Then try using that new item as you normally would and see if it works properly in all cases. Curious to hear how that goes. :)

• Pebowski
    Pebowski
    Community Member

Hi!
    OK, will do it today evening on my iMac, now I'm at the Office.
    But what I don't understand when I do it this way manually: how will the program know, that I mean the right user+pw fields and not the left?
    I will let you know.
    Peter

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Test at your leisure, Peter ( @Pebowski ) :)

But what I don't understand when I do it this way manually: how will the program know, that I mean the right user+pw fields and not the left?

Good question. The Login item created in the main app won't have the same info for IDs that @littlebobbytables mentioned earlier:

I tested filling using the extension saved Login item it did correctly fill in the right set of fields. The reason it did is because the IDs of the fields are different depending on which side you're trying to fill.

It's interesting because of new unexpected results I got after a bit more testing with one item saved through the extension and another created in the main app. With both items, Email Address and Password on the left side of the page are only filled if any of the same fields on the right side of the page aren't visible when filling was attempted. For example, if I scroll to the bottom of the page so those fields are only visible on the left or neither side of the page, those are what'll be filled. And if only both fields are visible on the right when filling, e.g. like when the page is initially loaded and not scrolled on my 13" display, those fields will be filled. Doesn't matter which item I used; the results are the same.

That's as far as I can go with this right now and some details may be a bit off. But if you scroll the page before filling so that only fields on the left or right are visible then you should see how that appears to be part of determining which are filled.

Thanks for your help with figuring this out!

• Pebowski
    Pebowski
    Community Member

Thank you for testing this tricky behaviour. So now I don't wonder, why I got this strange results. I have a 27" iMac, so always all the fields were displayed. Only at initial time (when the page ist not open), there must be something Special, that it works.
    Regards,
    Peter

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

I wondered if you might have a larger display, which is why I mentioned using a 13"er here when testing. More clues unlocked to solving this mystery. :)

I'm off for tonight (almost 3am here) so someone else from our team may be following up here again before I return. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.