Filling Fields in error

Since I upgraded I have noticed that when I log in to some sites (like Chase bank) and get past the login landing page 1P tries to continue filling data into fields and auto submitting again. It never did this before. Please advise. Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.5.0.572
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @slsinger1,

I've moved your thread to our Saving and Filling in Browser forum, someone will follow up soon to see what's going on with your issue.

Can you tell us other sites that shows the same problem, so we can compare both to see what's similar about them.

Also, if you can, can you test the said sites in Internet Explorer to see if the problem shows up there as well.

• slsinger1
    slsinger1
    Community Member

I can't seem to find other sites where the malfunction is occurring now. On the Chase banking site every page I go to 1P tries to put my Chase username into the first field box it finds. I did not happen in I.E., just Firefox.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@slsinger1: Thanks for following up. I am a little confused still, however. What exactly did you upgrade?

I was able to test this in Windows 7 with IE 11, 1Password 4.5.0.574 (be sure to update), Firefox 38, and extension 4.3.1; but (un)fortunately I didn't have any issues using 1Password to Go & Fill my Chase account. Can you provide the URL you're using? I know 1Password has had trouble with particular Chase login forms in the past, so I'm concerned that we're seeing a resurgence of that.

In the mean time, please try manually resaving your Chase login on the page you're having trouble with, as this will ensure that 1Password has up to date information about the form itself. Let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• slsinger1
    slsinger1
    Community Member

I manually re-saved my Chase login but that didn't fix the issue. I upgraded my 1P to the current version and that's when the issue started. I notice that when I go to websites now I get a little pop up box telling me that "1P was not able to fill any fields at ___ website" (even though it did fill them just fine. It's like the message pops up too fast). Anyway, the Chase login I use is: https://chaseonline.chase.com/Logon.aspx.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Since I upgraded I have noticed that when I log in to some sites (like Chase bank) and get past the login landing page 1P tries to continue filling data into fields and auto submitting again.

I'm afraid I'm still not seeing this behaviour here, which makes me wonder if your 1Password or Firefox installation might be damaged.

I notice that when I go to websites now I get a little pop up box telling me that "1P was not able to fill any fields at ___ website" (even though it did fill them just fine.

Very strange. I don't believe I've seen this error myself outside of Internet Explorer, which has some limitations the other browsers don't. Please uninstall 1Password, restart your computer, and reinstall it again to see if that resolves the issue (this will not affect your 1Password vault).

If, however, you're still seeing this problem, please tell me the exact steps you're taking to fill the login when this happens. It may be that you're using a different method than I am entirely, which would account for the differences, and may indicate a bug somewhere. Please let me know how it turns out. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• slsinger1
    slsinger1
    Community Member

Update - uninstalling both 1P and the Firefox browser extension and reinstalling seems to have worked. Thanks for the suggestion.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@slsinger1: Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that did the trick! :+1:

Frankly, I'm surprised that I haven't had more issues with Firefox myself, as I've had the same profile hanging around a long time too (although I do have other issues).

It sounds like you should be all set, but be sure to reach out if we can be of further assistance. :)

• slsinger1
    slsinger1
    Community Member

Unfortunately this issue has returned. Sites which have fields which accept information past the landing/login page are filled with the user name repeatedly, every time I change pages. It started happening a couple of days ago. I tried: rebooting, deleting both 1P and the browser extension (which seemed to work last time), updating to the newer version of Firefox, re-deleting and installing both 1P and the extension after loading the new Firefox. Nothing has worked. It also seems to auto-submit on some sites even if I've told 1P not to. This has cause a terrible "loop" on some sites of constantly entering the wrong info as a password repeatedly where I had to abruptly shut down Firefox for fear it would lock out my password for the site (unfortunately I don't remember off hand which site that was). Let me know what you come up with. Thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @slsinger1,

We apologise for all of the problems you've been experiencing. Some bugs are tough to pin down but we think we understand this one now. It seems to be isolated to Firefox and for the moment the best defence is to disable Autosubmit for the Login items affected. I believe this link, Website login fails even though 1Password filled it correctly (Disable Autosubmit) will help a bit. The instructions are Mac orientated but the concept is the same in Windows. If you edit an item you will see a Submit menu option that can be set to Never. Once we've got the bug sorted you'll be safe to turn submit back on.

ref: OPX-990

• andrewdewijn
    andrewdewijn
    Community Member

Hi guys,

Can I just add that I'm having exactly the same problem that slsinger1 describes in this thread. It started yesterday and is very annoying!

For me it happens on all sites/logins. 1Password will login to the site correctly but then will auto-fill any fields on the second page (often a search field for example) with my username etc. It then tries to 'press' one of the buttons on the page (ie the 'submit' button or something similar). That can lead to a infinite loop like slsinger1 explains above. If there are no fields on the page it pops up a message from the system tray to the effect that 1Password could not find any fields to fill (this is after logging in successfully).

Turning off autosubmit (as littlebobbytables suggests) only half solves the problem. 1Password still fills in random fields but doesn't try to press any submit buttons.

I have Windows 7, 1Password 4.5.0.575 and Firefox 39.0.

Cheers,
    Andrew

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@andrewdewijn: I'm sorry for the trouble! Indeed, that doesn't resolve the issue completely, but we're investigating the issue so we can find a workaround for this and get it resolved for you. Thanks for your patience!

• andrewdewijn
    andrewdewijn
    Community Member

Hi all,

I've just downloaded the latest version of 1Password (4.6.0.582) and that seems to have fixed the problem. All working properly again now.

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@andrewdewijn: That's great! Thanks for letting us know that resolved the issue. Perhaps that explains some of the inconsistencies. You should be all set, but be sure to reach out if you run into any other issues. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.