My forum "toolbar" (in the top right when logged in) shows incorrect number of bookmarks

Options
boboman13
boboman13
Community Member

Here is a screen shot:

But also when I click on that link, it shows the incorrect number of bookmarks:

Now when I un-bookmark the one it is showing, it still shows 1 in the toolbar:

but zero on the bookmarks page:

It's not a big deal, but a bit of a nuisance :chuffed:

1Password Version: 4.5 windows
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@boboman13: What the..? Hm. Well, I have to say I'm stumped here. I wonder if it could be from a deleted thread or something...

Incidentally, my bookmarks report "18", but I only have 17 listed. I've simply never bothered to count before. ;)

This may be an issue with the forum software, or something else entirely. I'll pass this on to see if we can find the answer! :dizzy:

• boboman13
    boboman13
    Community Member
    Options

:+1: thanks for looking into it

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015
    Options

@boboman13: Unfortunately I checked with the forum admin, and it turns out that this is a known issue with the forum software we use. They're aware of the issue, but we have no idea when this might be fixed. I'm sorry for inconvenience. :(

• boboman13
    boboman13
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: at least I know! Thanks for the update.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• iCoco
    iCoco
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

When I log into AgileBit's support forum, I see that I have bookmarked 17 threads. However, when I click in that bookmarks item, I only see three of them listed (see screenshot). Now I wonder where I may find the rest of them? Sorry, and thanks for your assistance.

1Password Version: 5.3
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Mac OS 10.10.4
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing the same thing (different numbers of course).

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for the confusion, @iCoco and @RichardPayne. I have so many bookmarks I've never even tried to count how many show up in the list and compare it to the number above. I merged your thread with this existing discussion on the same matter. It is a known issue, but we haven't received a time frame for a fix from Vanilla.

As far as I understand it, the list of bookmarks should be correct. It's that number at the top that is misleading. So you should have all your bookmarks, despite the number trying to trick you into believing otherwise. :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iCoco and @RichardPayne,

Actually, I just cracked the code. I was wrong when I said it was showing all the threads. The top number is correct, but only threads that are "active" are shown.

We archive threads if there has been no activity in them at all for 6 months. Archiving them doesn't delete them, but it does remove them from search results so people aren't finding threads about problems that were resolved half a year ago and thinking they are having the same issue. After that long with no activity, it is almost always a separate issue.

(For longstanding issues like feature requests, there will be a post at least every six months to keep the thread from being archived. Remember, the 6 month timer resets after every post.)

What is happening here is that the archived threads (i.e. old ones with out of date information) are not showing up in bookmarks. I'll see if that is something we want changed, and, if so, whether we can get Vanilla to implement that change.

Thanks for bringing this up again. It prompted me to dig more deeply and discover the real issue!

• iCoco
    iCoco
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @khad,

thank you for getting in touch.

I have just set up a new Mac, and I knew that I had a few issues or rather questions a while ago (apparently more than 6 months ago). My old threads really were hard to find. Imho, in would absolutely be positive to have easy access to all of my bookmarks, no matter how old. I definitely don't see nay advantage of bookmarks disappearing into thin air. :)

Maybe a separate link would be a good idea - like, say, "archived bookmarks"? Just an idea ...

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Especially seeing as you're making a presumption that the information is outdated based on nothing more than age. I have several technical and security descriptions bookmarked. The information in them is unlike to expire any time soon.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the feedback on this, guys! We'll see if Vanilla can make archived discussions available in bookmarks as you expect.

This discussion has been closed.