1Password for Windows won't save either auto or manually on ahs.com

This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't manually create a login from Chrome extension.

Comments

• cringer
    cringer
    Community Member

Howdy. This site has problems when trying to save either automatically or manually:
    https://www.ahs.com/my-account
    It appears to keep the login name as both the login and the password.

Help would be appreciated.

• Hi @cringer,

I've split your post from the other thread and moved it to our new dedicated forum on saving/filling issues (Saving and Filling in Browsers) here.

It looks like they're doing some kind of weird design for their login form, 1Password isn't able to handle it. It didn't save the proper names for the form they're using and it saved the password as ***** instead of the actual password. I've reported it to our team.

Here's a workaround I recommend for this page:

1. Open the main 1Password program, unlock and click on the New Item button on the toolbar to create a new Login item
    2. Enter the information manually with the username, password, and the location: https://www.ahs.com/my-account
    3. Save it and then you should be able to use that specific Login item to fill.

Can you let me know if that works and also, can you let me know which browser you're using.

• cringer
    cringer
    Community Member

Greetings,
    I followed your instructions. Results:
    Chrome Version 43.0.2357.134 m doesn't work - it still populates the password field with the user name.

IE 11 doesn't work - a different problem. In this case, it populates both the username and password fields correctly, but the "Log In" button is greyed out and won't ungrey.

Regarding IE, I only use 1Password for IE when desperate because 1Password for IE is so awkward to use, it's easier to copy and paste the information.

• cringer
    cringer
    Community Member

and, thanks for your quick response.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cringer,

I think the following should work for you. Below you're going to find a Login item that I've tested with 1Password for Windows and Chrome and it fills both the username and password fields. It was a bit fiddly to get it going so I figure the easiest way was simply to share the test item with you. All you should need to do is copy the text below and then use ctrl + v in 1Password for Windows. It should ask if you want to add an item titled Ahs and after that you should just need to alter the toy values I've used for the username and password fields.

onepassword://share/1?d=U2FsdGVkX18xIz80%2BkmKIFc3AmPJjQGGb4qdSQYKKUR8%2BK22Zaw3ywwXKDliv2HMxweVGu78Ep3c%2F0rSKMFp0Qj2lCpR6QoCDOI2xXkK8wCSFwRu1Fq8xb78aeuUfzcJvlH9dVe4WL%2BAyp2g0f6H5zI48j%2BmWHSs5LHxSfnTdYdLvhKEY1C5UOUdO2%2Fx4tHCbaTdaekFl%2B%2F3Chic%2FDfWi4nRAqumhCpIct4CyABn45o%2FAYLqhzOis3TA2fGXxpfz%2BsRdZbmcfeTOasKHErUpQm6iVVnPirBg9b3Kbr01Cv4NuyCNtJoQY25uvMh6ozhWBpr9fepGIF8eNmBUAPRfDAWHqF6CWanw5gXWx4yiECN%2FTPJ7nxoly9iHJLKIXRInbcp8Q3UfSEB%2BarOOOIzvr67TQAKlBTEK4%2BJ61%2FlAjYwX0klDBeafCcLd%2Bz9l5YaP2fUgKvWRV7rF9bDJeo6Bm7Z69z5SpLAG6ijcdqbA%2F2P9jMeDZGrR3dCsGJZFEMhFykgwbVipGD8qaIoctrO5Wgr8uXer%2FTlA0jzY8%2BYjkFSFSPu5QB6N9uw95OlaBoPUHGUTb0jwY97WPbxmF5MfCADY%2BFj7dyXsUbvUtrqP7Cb3cxwCWbq4eFF6%2Bm0r4ZyXKTRRU93YNDkYefedXJ%2Bz%2FsBbW9H54O2D8n39RNXuMaNTKm13OpaR6saWj2lg6SPceF7gSRPJwglaxcIjpS71nTKh8Jlrhz%2FOazIqb1jop8U%2BtN6jhkgw%2Br4Tw%2B4Sl7sD

Let us know how you get along :smile:

• cringer
    cringer
    Community Member

Forgive me for being obtuse, but where in 1Password for Windows do I ? I'm running v1.0.9.342.
    What sequence of steps do I take in order to past the text you provided?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cringer,

I apologise, I assumed you were running 1Password 4 for Windows. That suggestion probably won't work for you as only the latest version of 1Password for Windows uses the new filling Logic that the Login item is based on.

I'll have to do some installing and testing to know if there is a way to have the older version work with that site as the only other possibility at the moment is to upgrade to 1Password 4 for Windows. Obviously we'd hope you consider it not just for this site but for all the other improvements and bug fixes that have happened since we released version four mid last year and you can use your existing 1Password 1 for Windows key to obtain an upgrade price.

Of course you don't have to upgrade and as soon as I can I will take a look at the former version and see what we can do there.

• green3q
    green3q
    Community Member

I am running 1Password 4 for Windows and have also run into a very similar issue: when I try to login to American Home Shield, only my email address populates. The password is left blank.

When I try copying the url listed above and Ctrl+V it into 1Password and then use that login (after deleting my previous attempt), I still get the same behavior. Any help would be most appreciated!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @green3q,

Could you let us know please what your preferred browser and the version of the browser is along with what version of the 1Password extension is installed (if you are a Firefox or Chrome person).

I find that the item above still works for me in Firefox and Chrome but Internet Explorer behaves differently. If I create a new Login item in Internet Explorer though it seems to successfully fill both fields. Hopefully we can figure out why this isn't the case for you.

This discussion has been closed.