Lost Categories After Installing On New Phone

Options
jislas
jislas
Community Member

I recently upgraded to iPhone 6 after backing up everything from my previous phone; when I opened 1Password, I noticed that some of the categories I created were no longer showing (Bank Accounts, Driver's Licenses & SS Numbers). I could see them on other devices and tried to sync with no luck. Upon an IOS update to one of my devices, the same information disappeared as well and I do not want to update my other device in fear of losing that important information all together. How do I get these categories back as I had originally set them up?

1Password Version: 5.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 8.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Is it possible you enabled the pro features, with the in app purchase, on your original phone but have not restored them on the new phone and other iOS device? If so, and so long as the phone and other device are using the same Apple ID as you used when you made the in app purchase on the original phone, the article to which I've linked will tell you how to restore them. You'll find the 1P data is there: you will not have lost anything.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jislas: Indeed. You'll need to restore your purchase using the same Apple ID you used to purchase it previously (and 1Password will need to have been installed using that same Apple ID as well).

Once you have the Pro upgrade, you'll be able to use the additional categories. Just be sure to save a backup in case you need to reinstall the app, and also just for safekeeping. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.