How many Passcodes do you have?

clank72
clank72
Community Member
As of today I'm 255 and use every single one.

How about you?

Comments

• I have 656 in my ewallet (most are passcodes to web sites), and am slowly adding them (and making sure they're current) to my 1password. Some aren't to web sites since I also have the anti-theft codes to our car radio systems, etc. But I like having a single place to keep everything.

It'll be interesting to see how well it performs with "a bunch" (*grin*).
    Janet
  • macpug
    macpug
    Community Member
    Good topic guys! I have 856 and counting, although I recently dumped a few hundred in a mass cleanout a couple weeks ago. I didn't include the 435 software registrations. Wow. That's a LOT of software :P

Gita would probably school all of us here. Let's keep it going. C'mon guys, fess up!
  • Well i have only 1, i mean same passcode for every access in my life, because its easy to manage everywhere with the same passcode ...
  • I have ~500 items in all the vaults and 300 "archived" items in the Trash.
  • 935 Logins, 1856 items overall.
  • jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    mikecriss wrote:

Well i have only 1, i mean same passcode for every access in my life, because its easy to manage everywhere with the same passcode ...

Of course all of here want 1 Password that we have to actually remember, but using the same actual password for all sites is not recommended. Sites get compromised with surprising frequency, and if someone can determine your bank login information by capturing your password from a less well secured site then you can be in trouble. One thing to keep in mind is that most social networks sites doesn't use SSL (https) connections. This means that if you log in from, say, an unsecured public WiFi in a coffee shop, anyone in the area can pick up your username and password.

This really is why we make 1Password. You have the convenience of only having to remember one password, while you have the security of unique passwords for each site. That way, if a password you use falls into the hands of the bad guys for one site or service, they don't have an in to all of your others.

As you can see by the discussion in this thread, we have hundreds of passwords, most of which we have never even seen much less memorized.

I'm not trying to scare you, and you will have to find a way to work that meets your needs, but I do hope you will consider moving toward unique passwords.

Cheers,

-j
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2010
    I play "How many passwords?" like I play golf...

Only 73. :-)

And a tenth of those are from working at Agile. Haha!

I guess I'm just a minimalist.

(And, yes, horrible at golf.)
  • Gary Sumlak
    Gary Sumlak
    Community Member
    edited September 2010
    clank72 wrote:

As of today I'm 255 and use every single one.

How about you?

A mere 640 logins, 9 identities, 15 accounts, 1 secure note, 91 software keys, 36 wallet.

Ta

• A mere 640 logins, 9 identities, 15 accounts, 1 secure note, 91 software keys, 36 wallet.

Ta

9 identities? I just saw that Jerry Springer episode...
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hahaha! :-D

Next on Jerry Springer: 1Password and the multiple identities it encourages!
  • jay_gunn
    jay_gunn
    Community Member
    Looks like I'm relatively conservative in sites I sign up on :D

185 logins, 12 accounts, 2 identities, 0 notes (still not entirely sure of the usefulness), 88 software licenses (a fraction of those actually in use, most from bundles), and 11 cards in the wallet (and a few of those are expired I think. Haven't updated that in a while).
  • Hi :)
    I have only 75 logins
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    1523 logins, 2387 items overall.
  • brenty wrote:

In Soviet Russia, 1Password runs you! :blink:

(I'm not sure what that even means, actually -- just a bit giddy over here...) ;)

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/in-soviet-russia
This discussion has been closed.