Deleted App

Options
skalex
skalex
Community Member

Yikes!!! My app is gone. Not sure if it disappeared when I updated iOS or if I pocket-deleted it in a freak mishap. Anyway it's gone with ALL MY PASSWORDS. Please tell me there's a way to recover them. Thanks.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

When applications are deleted from iOS devices, all of their associated data are also removed. Did you by any chance enable syncing to Dropbox or iCloud? Or did you manually make a backup to iTunes? If any of these have positive answers, you'll be able to retrieve your data. Otherwise, I fear you will have to start over. Sorry to have say so.

There are iOS settings you can use to prevent applications from being deleted. If I remember correctly, that setting is under parental controls. It might be worth it to activate that option, even if it means it will be more of a hassle to remove things your really want to.

• skalex
    skalex
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks hawkmoth. I did a backup, but have made changes since then. Was hoping for another way.

• skalex
    skalex
    Community Member
    Options

If my 1Password app was set up to sync in iCloud before it was deleted, wouldn't the data be recoverable somehow using my master password?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

@skalex - Yes, if you synced your data to iCloud before the application was deleted, you will indeed be able to recover it from there! That was the reason I asked you about that a couple of posts above. When you install the application a second time, it should ask you if you are a new user or have used it before. Answer that you have used it before, then follow the prompts to tell it that you synced by Dropbox. You'll be asked for your master password, and the data should come back down from the cloud to your iOS device. This should be the best possible outcome for you.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @skalex,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with 1Password, but I'm glad to see that Hawkmoth has been providing you with such excellent advice. He is correct - if you data has been stored in the cloud, you should be able to point 1Password at this data when you reinstall the app. There's a user guide article that can walk you through the process of setting up 1Password as an existing user.

If you think your data is synced to iCloud, please make sure that you're logged in with the same Apple ID as when you originally synced.

This discussion has been closed.