Family Sharing: "This App is no longer shared with you" error

Options
masnick
masnick
Community Member

A member of my Family Sharing account on iOS is getting an error message when trying to open 1Password: "This app is no longer shared with you. to use it, you must buy it from the App Store." It is working fine on iOS for other members of my Family Sharing account. Any idea how to fix this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 8.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

The iOS application is free to download and use in its basic form by anyone, regardless of family sharing membership, so I have no idea why you are getting that message. The Pro features, however, which are available through an in-app purchase in the iOS version of Password aren't eligible for family sharing at all. Each user must purchase it separately.

I think you're questions will have more to do with Apple than AgileBits. There is free chat support from Apple for iTunes store issues. I think it would be worth it to check with them. In the meantime, are you sure your family member hasn't changed AppleID from the one used when you added him/her to the family group?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

@masnick - I just looked at the listing for 1Password in the iTunes store, and it shows that it is eligible for family sharing. I suspect than that this means that your family member has somehow left your family group. I would also expect that "buying" the application will result in no charge, since the basic application is free to everyone. Does this make sense? Have you checked the composition of your Family Sharing group to verify that your other user is still listed there?

• masnick
    masnick
    Community Member
    Options

@hawkmoth The family member is still a member on my iCloud Family account. 1Password is working for other family members associated with the account.

I'm posting here in case there are other users who are having this problem. I suspect that "repurchasing" (presumably for no charge) or deleting and re-installing the app will solve the problem, but I should not have to do that.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

@masnick

This issue is not exclusive to 1Password. I have had it appear lately with DayOne and Minecraft PE. This was also when my family sharing members had not changed either, just as you describe.

For me, I had to re download the app to get past the error. True I agree I was flustered with the other apps, but once I realized it was cross developer (based upon my experience) It had to be a store issue. :(

I would recommend just downloading the app via the purchased page, much easier and less prone to have a snag like an accidental re purchase etc. You should be notified that a family member has already purchased it, if you use the normal purchase page.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@masnik I trust you won't have to delete and reinstall in the light of the comments that have been made but just note that if you do it's critical you first backup your 1P for iOS data—see this knowledge base article:

Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@masnick: It may be that simply restarting the device or relogging into the App Store will do the trick, but if the problem persists definitely contact Apple. It's strange that this would happen "spontaneously", but unfortunately AgileBits doesn't have the ability to change anything at the OS or App Store level (which would be required to get around an issue with iOS refusing to lunch the app due to a store restriction). Please let us know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.