Can't sync iPhone using Dropbox

Options
jmagnuson
jmagnuson
Community Member

Started by entering 1Password data on iPhone 6 Version 8.4(12H143), 1Password version 5.4.3 (504301). Next created Dropbox account on Mac OSX 10.10.3, 1Password 5 Version 5.3.2 (532001) Agile Web Store. This was sucessfully synced to iPad 8.3 (12H143), 1Password 5.4.3. I am able to see the Dropbox on my iPhone but attempted syncing goes on forever. Eventual error message "Failed to list remote data folder in Dropbox, please try again later."

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 5.4.3
OS Version: Mac OSX 10.10.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jmagnuson,

Sorry to hear about the trouble syncing. Do you have the Dropbox app installed on the iPhone, or are you using the authentication built into 1Password for Dropbox?

Please let us know.

Ben

• jmagnuson
    jmagnuson
    Community Member
    Options

Thx fir your response. I do not have the Dripbox app installed on my iPhone (or on my iPad). I am using the authentication built into 1Password.

• JWeaver
    JWeaver
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi,

That's an error that occurs sporadically for some users, fortunately once it's been overcome it doesn't usually return. That fastest/easiest method is my first suggestion:

1. Disable Sync (Open 1Password -> Settings -> Sync -> Sync Service Dropbox -> Disable Sync)
    2. Close and Restart 1Password - Some have found that going a step further by performing a reboot of the iOS device has worked so you may want to consider that.
    3. Re-enable Sync - (Open 1Password -> Settings -> Sync -> Start Syncing -> Sync with Dropbox -> Select your account -> Select your vault)

Let us know if that works for you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

"Failed to list remote data folder in Dropbox, please try again later."

@jmagnuson: Sorry for the trouble! Indeed, this is just telling us that Dropbox hasn't quite finished syncing everything yet. And in that case, when there are files missing, 1Password won't be able to read the data. So it's usually just a matter of minutes before Dropbox is ready and you can select your vault. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.