How to Sync Windows (v4) with Mac (v5)?

When I try to open my safe on Windows, 1password tells me it cannot open it.
How do i sync between windows and mac?

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: GoogleDrive

Comments

• Hi @blockme,

Are you syncing the 1Password.agilekeychain file/folder via Google Drive? Did Google said it finished the sync on the PC before you try to open it with 1Password?

Make sure you're asking 1Password to open the 1Password.agilekeychain folder and not go inside that folder, also do not try to import this as an export file or restore from this folder as a backup.

• blockme
    blockme
    Community Member

Thanks for your answers. Does syncing from 5 down to 4 work? I created the folder with 1Password 5 for Mac, configured the sync option on Mac. Then I try to open the folder with 1Password 4 for Windows. Sync finished before. When I try to open the folger (1Password.agilekeychain) it tells me my password is wrong. I should check my password (i did multiple times)

• Hi @blockme,

Does syncing from 5 down to 4 work?

Yes, it's the same data format between 1Password 3,4,5 for Mac and 1Password 1,4 for Windows. We try to maintain the consistency to ensure 1Password on all platforms can read the same data file. This will change in the near future as we plan to switch to the newer opvault format.

I created the folder with 1Password 5 for Mac, configured the sync option on Mac.

Using the Folder Sync option, correct?

When I try to open the folger (1Password.agilekeychain) it tells me my password is wrong. I should check my password (i did multiple times)

That's probably not related to the password, as it means we can't decrypt your encryption key in your folder.

Please don't do anything to fix this just yet, we'd like to see your diagnostic report to see what's going on. Please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• blockme
    blockme
    Community Member

Correct. I used the folder sync option. I sent the report. Thanks in advance.
    Btw. the answers here are more than fast.

• Hi @blockme,

We got the email, we'll analyze it and get back to you via email as soon as possible.

ref: EHW-34662-469

This discussion has been closed.