I have two applications (1password and 1password 5).

Options
amin
amin
Community Member

I have two applications (1password and 1password 5). Which one is the correct one? I believe the first one is installed through Mac App Store (version 5.3) and the second is installed manually (version 5.3.2). I'm on Mac OSX 10.11 beta at the moment. But it was the same on previous stable versions of OSX.!

(https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/4g/nsa3jz6w2fwp.png "")

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

1Password.app is the application from the Mac App Store. 1Password5.app is the version from AgileBits directly, whether the current release version or a beta. Since you say you are using the beta, that can only come from AgileBits, since Apple doesn't permit distribution of betas from the Mac App Store.

They can coexist, but I personally would find doing that dangerous to my mental health. :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @amin,

Now the problem you might face is that the two versions, one sandboxed, the other not do store their support files in separate locations. Say you used the 1Password.app first (the Mac App Store one). You created a vault and added a bunch of items. Then for reasons unknown you've managed to download a copy of the AgileBits Store version from our site and launched it. The first time you do this it imports the vault from the Mac App Store version but at this point you now have two independent vaults which can mean items that appear in one but not the other.

Personally I would recommend staying with the Mac App Store version given that's what you've purchased and that if you want iCloud it has to be with this one. I'm going to link you to a post I wrote a couple of weeks ago about how to jump between the two versions and check to see what is in which vault. Should it turn out we need to move items from one vault to another please do let us know and we can help guide you through that process.

This discussion has been closed.