trouble setting up accounts on new 1Password download

Options
detlevli
detlevli
Community Member

I downloaded 1Password5 a couple of days ago on a MacBook Air running OS 10.10.4. I entered info for 3 accounts at the same credit union, different usernames and passwords for each. When I try to log in to these accounts i always get logged in to the first account I set up, no matter which account I try to access. This continues even after I deleted the first account. What's going on?

1Password Version: 5.3.2(532001)
Extension Version: no Safari extension
OS Version: 10.10.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @detlevli,

If I had to made an educated guess I would say you've had your browser save the login credentials for the first account and that your browser rather than us is doing the filling at the moment. I'm going to post a couple of links that should help.

The first link is a page from our guide about Installing browser extensions. You need our extension so that 1Password can interact with the browser in a standards compliant way.

The second link is on Disabling your web browser’s built-in password manager.

I think between these two we might have found the source of your problems but if not please do let us know and we'll continue the troubleshooting process :smile:

This discussion has been closed.