Use photo from library

Options
The_caveman
The_caveman
Community Member

Hi again,
I was hoping you could tell me why there still is no "use photo from library" or "take photo and use" functionality in the iOS version of the app? I have asked this before (as have many others), but I'm trying it again...
Is this particlulary difficult from a security point of view? Or...? Can you satisfy my curiosity this time?
Although I have no data to base this assumption on, but I do suspect you have more users asking for this than users asking for, say, an update to the Apple watch software or some other eye catching feature...
So, here goes... Looking forward to the reply!
Cheers,
Caveman

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @The_caveman ,

Thanks for checking in on us!

I was hoping you could tell me why there still is no "use photo from library" or "take photo and use" functionality in the iOS version of the app? I have asked this before (as have many others), but I'm trying it again...

There are a lot of factors that must be taken into account when determining which features get priority in development. One of those factors is, of course, user interest, but there are many other considerations as well. Obviously before we can even talk about adding new features, our developers have to focus on fixing bugs in the existing version. After that, there are changes that must be made to keep up with changing operating systems and security standards. When it is time to implement new features, we have to balance the popularity of each feature with the complexity that it will add to the app and determine whether it is a good 'fit' for what we envision 1Password to be, and how we see it being used. (Please note, this is true of any feature, I'm not speaking specifically about your suggestion here.)

We really appreciate your feedback here, as it is a great way for us to gauge user interest in a feature. We also appreciate your patience as we work to improve 1Password and make it the best that it can be. :)

ref: OPI-2284

• The_caveman
    The_caveman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for taking the time to reply Megan. Looking forward to future updates!
    Cheers,
    Caveman

• Ben
    Options

Looking forward to future updates!

As are we! There is some great stuff coming. :)

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.