browser extension shows my passwords but is not filling them in on any site.

Options
Annelise
Annelise
Community Member

Browser extension displays passwords but does not fill in forms. I tried removing the extension, downloading and reinstalling, and also quitting and relaunching Safari. I have tried to fill in forms on multiple websites and face same issue everywhere. Any suggestions? Thanks.

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: 10.10.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:browser extension not filling in safari

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I have tried to fill in forms on multiple websites

Are these logins to various sites (i.e., saved as login items in 1P)? (I ask only so we're clear they're not 1P identity items—i.e., filling in your details from a 1P identity.)

Can you please tell us exactly how you're trying to fill in the logins (e.g., are you using the ⌘\ shortcut, are you clicking on open and fill in 1P, etc.)? What exactly do you do that's not working? It may help if you look at this page from the user guide and tell us how what you see differs:

Using a saved Login

Please also tell us the 1Password Browser Extension version you're using.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Annelise,

Normally the first thing I would suspect would be the extension isn't installed but you've clearly considered this given your first post.

Just as a precaution can you try rebooting your Mac for us please, just to eliminate the possibility of a one-off glitch messing something up. Assuming that makes no difference can we just verify that everything is talking to each other. My suggestion would be to visit the likes of say https://twitter.com and attempt to create a test item by following our How to manually save a Login guide. If that works and you can see the test item in your vault we know all the pieces are talking to each other. If it saves does this item also not fill? Reloading the main twitter page will cause the fields to clear to allow testing.

So hopefully the results of that testing, along with which version of the 1Password extension is installed will hopefully help us figure out why it isn't working for you :smile:

This discussion has been closed.