This is by far the most frustrating experience of any password manager

hunteriam
hunteriam
Community Member

Getting syncing to work has been one of the most impossible interactions I've had with a computer in months. Here's where I'm at:

• Vault stored in dropbox at ...\Dropbox\Apps\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain on Windows and in dropbox

• IOS (after uninstalling/reinstalling both dropbox and 1Password, deleting all 1password data via settings > advanced) only sees login items created on IOS

• Windows sees all items created on IOS, as well as the items imported from Dashlane.

• None of the items created on windows (via extension, or via desktop app), or imported from Dashlane (some of your competition) show up on IOS

Before you say it, yes I have tried deleting and recreating the vault. The vault was created on IOS, because the system wouldnt work on IOS at all when created on windows.

I am using the latest stable version of IOS on an iPad 2, if thats relevant.

1Password Version: 5.4.3 (IOS), 4.6.0.583 (Windows)
Extension Version: 4.4.2.90 (Google Chrome)
OS Version: 6.2.9200 (According to the extension)
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015

Hi @hunteriam,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting sync set up in 1Password! I certainly don't blame you for feeling a little bit frustrated. It certainly does sound like things are getting tangled up somewhere. I think that the most efficient way to get this sorted out is to take a closer look at your set up.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

—Windows—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

ref: QCH-27458-843

This discussion has been closed.