Two vaults: want to keep one & delete the other.

Options
teresahurcik
teresahurcik
Community Member

Hello. I have two vaults - my private (primary) vault and a secondary vault linked to my boss's account, which I would now like to quit, without her losing her passwords. How can I do this?

1Password Version: 5.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Hello. I have two vaults - my private (primary) vault and a secondary vault linked to my boss's account, which I would now like to quit, without her losing her passwords. How can I do this?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @teresahurcik,

Each copy of 1Password is independent so if all you want to do is remove the secondary vault then you can safely do so by first switching to the secondary vault and then using the menu option 1Password > Delete XXX Vault... where XXX is the name of the vault. It will ask for confirmation but deleting the vault won't touch it on any other machine or device and it won't touch the sync container that you probably were using to synchronise changes.

If your boss shared access to the folder between Dropbox accounts then they can simply remove access to the folder so the folder doesn't appear in your Dropbox folder.

The important part is the only way you could affect the vault is by deleting the contents first as that would allow the deletions to synchronise. That could be undone on your boss's machine via a backup though.

So you should feel safe that deleting the vault (very much a local only operation) won't mess up their copy of 1Password. Should you have any questions though please do ask! :smile:

• teresahurcik
    teresahurcik
    Community Member
    Options

Fantastic - thank you so much @littlebobbytables! Best wishes. :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Should you have any other questions at all @teresahurcik please don't hesitate to pop back into the forums and ask, we're here all week as they like to say :smile:

This discussion has been closed.