1passwordanywhere and Dropbox and iPad use

Getting an error when opening the agilekeychain in dropbox
Hello,

I have 1password 3 on my iMac. I recently changed the location of the agilekeychain datafile to Dropbox and installed Dropbox on my iPad. The file has synched properly and the .HTML file is in my Dropbox. However when I open it there is an error that says a key data file is not available and 1passwordanywhere cannot proceed without it.

This is the file:

file:///var/mobile/Applications/D21A2011-B8E6-4695-902D-4E44B3E3B8DB/Library/Caches/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/encryptionKeys.js

I referred to the troubleshooting link the error provided for me but it was not too helpful. It asked me to check permissions but I can't even open the file on my iPad.

Can anyone out there offer some assistance?

Melissa T

Comments

• roustem
    edited March 2011
    Welcome to the forum, Melissa!

1PasswordAnywhere works as a collection of resources that are loaded dynamically from the website (or disk).

Unfortunately, the Dropbox mobile application only downloads a single file and this prevents 1PasswordAnywhere from working correctly.

You should be able to access it using dropbox.com website in Mobile Safari.
  • Thanks, I seem to be able to get in va mobile safari. Interesting though, that I have more than 30 logins but can't see to scroll down more than ten in the browser. (I think this is a mobile safari issue, not agile.)

thanks for the help. Hope dropbox solution will work better in the future.
  • Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    Melissa,

When scrolling through a list in mobile Safari, try using a two finger swipe. This focuses the scroll in the list itself and not on the web page. You should be able to navigate that way. Or you can use the search box to find a particular login.

I do see one problem though. I don't think that you can copy passwords using this method because you can't reveal the password contents in mobile safari. But, you will be able to get information in notes, identities, and wallet items. You would have to use 1Password for iPhone/iPad to get to your passwords.
  • Fooligan wrote:

Melissa,

When scrolling through a list in mobile Safari, try using a two finger swipe. This focuses the scroll in the list itself and not on the web page. You should be able to navigate that way. Or you can use the search box to find a particular login.

I do see one problem though. I don't think that you can copy passwords using this method because you can't reveal the password contents in mobile safari. But, you will be able to get information in notes, identities, and wallet items. You would have to use 1Password for iPhone/iPad to get to your passwords.

You are awesome! I tried two finger swipe and can access my p/w'ds. I really appreciate your help...going above and beyond as this has solved an unrelated issue. I am new to ipad and my imac is in for servicing so I'm a little stranded here. Thanks again and take care,

If I understand correctly, If I purchase 1password for ipad, ($10) then I can have the same functionality I enjoy on my imac?

Is that correct?

Melissa
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Fooligan wrote:

When scrolling through a list in mobile Safari, try using a two finger swipe. This focuses the scroll in the list itself and not on the web page. You should be able to navigate that way.

Thanks for the tip I didn't know this myself.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Melissa T wrote:

You are awesome! I tried two finger swipe and can access my p/w'ds. I really appreciate your help...going above and beyond as this has solved an unrelated issue. I am new to ipad and my imac is in for servicing so I'm a little stranded here. Thanks again and take care,

If I understand correctly, If I purchase 1password for ipad, ($10) then I can have the same functionality I enjoy on my imac?

Is that correct?

Melissa

Yes Melissa,

You can buy the ipad version which will work just on the ipad or the pro version is a universal version and it will work on the iphone or ipad.

http://help.agile.ws/1Password_touch/1password_for_apple_devices.html

This discussion has been closed.