Can I do anything when the bank does not let me use passord from 1password?

Options
BLemon
BLemon
Community Member

Firefox

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: OSX 10.10.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It rather depends what you mean by "does not let [you] use". It may well be that for some reason 1P won't fill your bank's login but are you saying you can't copy and paste the password from 1P5 either? I think a little more explanation would be helpful. :)

If you're able to give the login URL (so long as it contains nothing confidential) someone may be able to check it for you.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BLemon: Indeed, I can think of a number of ways that banks sometimes make us jump through hoops. The best thing to do would be to give us the URL and attach screenshots (no sensitive or personal information please!) so we have enough information to advise you on this. Thanks in advance! :)

• BLemon
    BLemon
    Community Member
    Options

https://hb2.bankleumi.co.il/E/Login.html

The password and user
    name are correct in 1password, the user name is entered by 1password, but the password is not entered automatically, or maybe entered wrong. Entering manually and saving in 1password results in correct data in 1password, but again it is not entered next time.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BLemon,

Thanks for sharing those details with us! I've done some testing here, and it seems to me that the site is doing something a little tricky with the fields. When I Saved a new login manually, 1Password did not capture the 'correct' password. Now, since I don't have a proper account with this bank, I can't do much testing here, so I'll need your help. Let's try this:

• Follow these steps to Save a new login manually.
    • Open this new entry in 1Password and select Edit
    • Click on show web form details
    • Edit both the password fields there to be your actual password
    • Save the entry and try filling.

Does this help?

• BLemon
    BLemon
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I did it all, actually re-entered all the data manually, and at the end it tells me that one of the numbers is wrong, in "web form details" it adds the account number labeled "auth_field", which is correct.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BLemon,

How we fill isn't compatible with this site I'm afraid. They're applying a linear transformation to your password when it's entered that uses something like time or a counter so the output isn't the same each time and the JavaScript that does this seems to react to either it being typed in manually, character by character or something being pasted into the field. Now as we can't test this it's hard to confirm but it would seem you could paste your password in and it would be accepted. If you were to test this I would recommend making a successful log in before, just to make sure you don't accidentally lock yourself out through too many failed attempts.

As our extension is working with the webpage's DOM we directly fill the field and it means your password is entered in an unaltered form. For 99.x% of the cases that's exactly what you want but not here. I don't have a solution I'm afraid but I shall report the site in case our devs can think of something that might help with tricky sites like this.

I do apologise that we can't do a better job with this page.

• BLemon
    BLemon
    Community Member
    Options

If it helps: It seems seems that copying the password from a text document, after I entered it manually into text document and pasting it in place works, however copy-paste from 1password, though it looks the same, fails.

• BLemon
    BLemon
    Community Member
    Options

Correction: copy-paste from 1Password application works.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BLemon,

I'm glad to hear that copying and pasting from the 1Password application works. It's certainly not a perfect solution, I'm glad we were able to get to the bottom of this!

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns about 1Password, we're happy to help :)

This discussion has been closed.