"Conflicts" in the login information field.

Options
1NoahTN
1NoahTN
Community Member

Several of the logins, including Agilebits has the term "conflicts" below the website field. What is 1PW telling me and how can I identify and resolve the "conflict"?
Thank you,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member
    Options

I am using 1PW, version 5.3 (530029) from the Apple store,and iMac OS version 10.10.4.

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I think I have solved my own problem. I just did an edit and deleted the conflict.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @1NoahTN,

Conflict fields are when an item has changed on more than one machine/device and if we can't say with 100% certainty then we keep one copy of the field in the normal location and the other in a conflict field. It's much safer to keep everything and allow the user to decide than for us to start guessing and risk your data. So if you ever see a conflict field it might be something quite silly, I would just make sure the Login item still works and as long as the conflict field contains only old data you're perfectly fine to delete.

I hope that helps explain what they are but if you have any follow up questions do please ask! :smile:

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member
    Options

Hi littlebobbytables,
    Thanks for the explanation. All the conflicts appeared when I was making some changes and deleting some old logins. Some of them did appear to be a little silly. 1PW continues to be one of my favorite apps.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We always love to hear that people love 1Password @1NoahTN :smile: Basically, as long as you review the conflicts you certainly can't lose anything because of them. I hope we keep impressing :smile:

This discussion has been closed.