Master Password is not working

Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: New User - Feature Queries.

Comments

• Helpmeplse
    Helpmeplse
    Community Member

PLease help me. I'm a new user and my initial password for one pass doesn't work. Will I have to purchase again? PLEASE HELP.

• Helpmeplse
    Helpmeplse
    Community Member

This is not supposed to be so frustrating.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Helpmeplse ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting 1Password set up! First of all, let me assure you that you will not have to purchase 1Password again. We can get this sorted out.

First of all, it is important to note that the Master Password for 1Password is the only way to access your 1Password database. This is why it's so important that you choose a secure and memorable password. We've got some advice on how to choose a strong Master Password in our User Guide.

Now, if you've forgotten the Master Password, or are having trouble entering it, we have some tips that might help you remember: Forgot Master Password. This guide also has instructions on how to start fresh if, in the end, you can't remember your Master Password.

I hope this helps, but we are here for you if you have any further questions or concerns. Our hope is that 1Password will help make being secure a lot less frustrating for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.