New Computer - sync problem

vickybender
vickybender
Community Member

I bought a new computer (Mac) and successfully transferred everything using Time Machine, or so I thought. The Chrome extension worked great, but after several weeks I noticed that it wasn't syncing to my other devices (via Dropbox). Today I discovered that my Chrome extension is not connected to my 1Password app on the new computer, so I have a bunch of logins/passwords in the extension that are not accounted for in the app or on Dropbox. This has apparently been going on for some time, even before the new computer.
I found this in the troubleshooting, but it is written for PC and Safari, so I'm confused.

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: 4.4.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.10.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:new computer

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vickybender,

Can you confirm the version information for us please. The reason I ask what might seem an odd request is that with 1Password 5 it is impossible to have items only in the extension. This was possible however with version 3 of 1Password for Mac as each extension kept its own encrypted database. We changed this in 1Password 4 so that the extension merely contacts 1Password mini which is reading and writing directly to the actual vault.

So I'm curious about the version numbers and if whether you're running more than one extension or more than one copy of 1Password for Mac in your /Applications/ folder. Hopefully something in that will help explain what's happening and then we can work on getting this resolved :smile:

• vickybender
    vickybender
    Community Member

Hmmm. I pulled the version numbers from the appropriate places.

I don't know if this will make sense, but I'll try: It is likely that I updated to 1Password 5 after the switch to the new computer. In fact, 1Password mini is new to me. I'm wondering if my Chrome extension is old and broken and my application is updated but the two are not talking to each other.

If that is the case, is there a way to capture the logins/passwords in my Chrome extension?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015

@vickybender: I think that might be it exactly! Indeed, if you just install and run the legacy version of 1Password (3.8.22 is at the bottom, under "legacy"), it should 'sync' all of the data over from the legacy extension.

Whatever you do, don't remove the 1Password extension from your browser until you are certain that all of its data is in the main 1Password app as well!

Please let me know how it turns out. We will get this straightened out for you! :)

• vickybender
    vickybender
    Community Member

I installed the legacy version, but it still isn't syncing. My extension looks like this:

When I click on Troubleshooting Report, here's what I see:

Any thoughts?

• vickybender
    vickybender
    Community Member

Sorry, the image of my Chrome extension didn't load. This is what it looks like:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vickybender,

If you have unsynchronised items in the 1Password 3 Chrome extension then it does get a bit more involved. That isn't to say we can't get this resolved though, but what I'm going to do is email you shortly.

• vickybender
    vickybender
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables,
    Thank you. Did you already email me directly? I have not received anything.
    Vicky

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vickybender,

I really am sorry about that, you should now have an email from us in your inbox. This delay was completely my fault but we can now proceed. I will be around all weekend as well so any replies required won't be waiting until the Monday. Hopefully we're nearing resolution :smile:

ref: MXH-43355-345

This discussion has been closed.