Using multiple versions in Chrome (on Mac and Windows)

Options
ajahn
ajahn
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

Not sure if this is the right forum to post in...

Can someone please tell me how to configure Chrome so i an use it (logged in) with different versions of 1Password.
I use 1Password on a variety of operating systems OS X 10.6.8, OS X 10.9.5, OS X 10.10 and Windows 7. Since I use Chrome, it remembers my extensions on all computers. How do I tell Chrome to used different 1Password versions depending on which computer I'm using?

I have different versions of 1Password. 3.9.21.90 for older macs, 4.4.2.90 for my newer macs.

Thanks,
Alfredo

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ajahn,

I don't think we really have a 'right' forum for this cross-platform type of query so here is as good as anywhere :smile:

I think you have only one option here I'm afraid and that is to disable the synchronisation of extensions. You can learn more about this option from the Chrome help page, Why sign in to Chrome . As far as I can tell it's the only way to stop both 1Password extensions appearing everywhere. I wish there was a better answer.

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info. Would be nice if you could drill down and tell Chrome which extensions to sync/not sync.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @ajahn, on behalf of @littlebobbytables.

Would be nice if you could drill down and tell Chrome which extensions to sync/not sync.

Many of us, myself included, couldn't agree more with that. :)

This discussion has been closed.