Feature request: wi-fi sync works great, but how about a few less taps?

Options
gracion
gracion
Community Member

Wi-fi sync has worked flawlessly for me since i started using it a year ago.

Request: reduce the amount of tapping for routine sync. It's 11 taps to get to the actual sync and back out of the modal settings popup. Maybe it's to improve my hand-eye coordination? :-)

Suggestion: after doing a successful sync to a server, there's a button to add a shortcut row to the Settings > Sync view (under "Start Syncing"). The shortcut row would be titled "Wi-Fi Sync Now to ". The other methods could have shortcuts too. That would be about half the taps. Or you could add the row automatically after a new sync and not bother with the button.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Well, you're not the only person who thinks wifi sync takes 11 steps but, as you'll see from that thread, it certainly shouldn't if you're running the latest versions of 1P for Mac and 1P for iOS.

To save me typing out again my contributions to that thread—and, anyway, because there's other useful stuff there—you might like to have a look at it. Please do post again if you then still have the same problem.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the assist, Stephen! Hopefully that helps, @gracion.

• gracion
    gracion
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Stephen! Auto-sync is working now after reinstalling. To see what would happen, I first tried restoring the manual backup, which restored my data but also seemed to restore the problem. Then I deleted again and followed your actual instructions, re-syncing from my Mac and not restoring the backup, and automatic sync commenced. I did search for an answer before posting, but without "wi-fi" in the subject of that other thread, I didn't find it. Much appreciated!

• Ben
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update! :)

• gracion
    gracion
    Community Member
    Options

FYI, Automatic sync stopped working ("Sync Now" and "Last Sync" not shown in Settings > Sync view). Restarting device and Mac didn't fix it. As before, I had to delete the app on the device and reinstall.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gracion: That is strange indeed. I'm glad it's working for you now, but if the problem persists, please generate a diagnostic report in 1Password Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics (under Log Settings enable Sync) > Send Diagnostics (you’ll have to scroll to the bottom) and send it to support+forums at agilebits dot com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening. Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.