Having a few problems with the app

pbryanw
pbryanw
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, I'm having a few problems. When I log in, or resume the app, I'm met with a black screen with Query- in the menu bar. From there I can go into the menu to select a category, but anytime I log in or resume the app it shows this screen.

Also, I've noticed that sometimes the software navigation keys on the phone disappear when I'm using the app. I can't reproduce the steps to get this error though.

Lastly, when I click on reveal to see a password, then click on the header to select it, the copy button doesn't immediately appear. I often have to click on the password for the button to show.

I'm using Dropbox to sync my Agilekeychain to Windows Phone 8.1, with version 1.1508.20.0 of the app. It also looks like the settings being cut off problem, I reported in another thread, has reoccurred for me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks @pbryanw, we have couple of ideas on how to fix these issues, stay tuned for updates.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member

@SergeyTheAgile - Hi, many thanks for your reply. Look forward to the future updates.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks again for your help, @pbryanw!

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

@DBrown - I decided to do a fresh install of the app to see if that would cure some of the problems I was having. It looks like this has fixed "Query-" being shown on startup. I'm still getting settings cut off though. It also looks like the disappearing navigation bar was due to me having "flick to hide the nav bar" disabled in phone settings.

Also are rich icons supposed to be displayed or is this coming later, as I'm just getting the default 1password icon for all my logins.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

Yes, a subsequent rebuild solved the Query- annoyance.

Thanks for letting us know about the effect of disabling the flick to hide option disabled on your phone.

Rich icons are indeed on the to-do list. Thanks for your patience, and thanks again for your help!

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

@DBrown - And thanks for listening (and taking the time to respond so helpfully) to all my annoyances :+1:

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

They're not annoyances for us, and we hope they aren't for you, either.

They're the fun of being on the alpha (and beta, yet to come) team!

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

Hi, I've found this useful blog post from another Windows Phone developer, on why the nav bar could be hiding some UI elements, on phones with software nav buttons. Maybe it could explain why I'm seeing a cut off Settings bar in the 1Password app? Apologies, if you're already aware of this.

• Thanks @pbryanw, we will make sure to include it into our QA process!

This discussion has been closed.