iOS and Web Form Details

Options
RSaunders
RSaunders
Community Member

I'm new to 1Password5, so this may be a noob question: How do I display "web form details" in the iOS application?

I'm not a user of auto fill in, but I have many cases where I use these labeled values to store other parameters of the website, random answers to "secret questions" and that sort of thing.

1Password Version: 5.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 8.4
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: forum-search:iOS and Web Form Details

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @RSaunders,

When viewing a Login item in 1Password for iOS you should see a Saved form details > option, which will show you all of the HTML form fields and their values that 1Password has captured.

Thanks!

Ben

• RSaunders
    RSaunders
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, All I see is "Add to Favorites" and "Share Login".

Is this a "Pro" feature, that I need to spend money for??

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RSaunders: Sorry for the confusion! If you did not save the Login using 1Password itself (i.e. you manually entered your login credentials into the item itself to create it, rather than saving from a webpage), 1Password has no way of saving information from the login form. I hope this helps! :)

• RSaunders
    RSaunders
    Community Member
    Options

I see them in 1Password5 on my Mac, so they are in the keychain/database. I don't see them in the sync'ed 1Password5 iPhone. Surely you're not suggesting that the iPhone and Mac versions of 1Password 5 are incompatible? If you're saying that items manually entered into the records are NOT available because they aren't on some web page for auto fill, that's the opposite of how previous versions worked. Again, I don't need them to auto fill, I don't use auto fill, I don't even install the browser extensions. All I need is for the data that shows up in 1Password5 on my Mac to show up in 1Password5 on my iPhone. That's what the whole "sync" concept is for.

• Ben
    Options

Is this a "Pro" feature, that I need to spend money for??

Correct, yes.

• RSaunders
    RSaunders
    Community Member
    Options

Well, you list the Pro features as: (ref https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/pro-features)

NEW: 1Password on Apple Watch
    Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) support
    Organizing items with folders and tags
    Accessing and syncing multiple vaults
    Viewing attachments
    Creating custom fields
    Multiple URLs per item
    Additional categories (creating, editing, and viewing items – including Wireless Routers, Software licenses, and more)

I didn't appreciate that "Creating custom fields" meant "Viewing custom fields you created on your Mac". Not one other thing on this list has any appeal to me. I don't begrudge you the $10, but you need to mention "Saved form details", the wording you've standardized on everyplace else.

• Ben
    Options

I don't disagree at all, RSaunders. I think this is a fair point, and something we should attempt to make more clear. I'll pass the feedback along to our docs team for their consideration.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: DOCS-536

• RSaunders
    RSaunders
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, and while you're talking to them, point out that this is one of the most pro-security features of 1Password. If a website asks me where I went to High School, and uses that as a security cross check, giving them the truth is a serious security vulnerability. Anybody with Google can figure out where I went to High School, or my pet's name, or my car's make, ... . Using 1Password, these security questions can provide real security. I never give the true answer, I make something up or use the password generator. Now every path to your account has the same level of security, and Google can't burn your identity. Hacking one account and learning the High School there doesn't help with the next account you want to hack. Like you advocate strong passwords, you should advocate strong lies to secondary security prompts.

• Ben
    Options
This discussion has been closed.