Where is 1Password Version 2?

Hello! I've searched but cannot find information about this topic, hence the post.

I'm helping someone who uses 1Password and has version 3.8.22 - Whenever he launches the app, it prompts him to update his keychain from the Apple version to the Agile version. However, the prompt states this can only be done with version 2, not version 3, and it suggests downloading version 2, updating, then switching to higher versions. However, version 2 is no longer available on the upgrade page.

How can we migrate his existing 1PW keychain/database to a working version?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @markross,

[Note: I have moved this thread to the Legacy: 1Password 3 for Mac forum]

Here's a handy guide to migrating pre-existing data to the Agile Keychain format, including a link to download 1Password 2 for Mac. Give those steps a try, and let us know how it goes for you! If you get stuck, let us know what went wrong and we'll be here to help. :)

• markross
    markross
    Community Member

Thanks so much! Have a great weekend!

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're quite welcome, @markross! Have a great weekend yourself! :sunglasses:

• wovenstrap
    wovenstrap
    Community Member

Hello. I am having serious trouble upgrading from 1Password 2.12 to 1Password 5. I am wiping my hard drive (Mac) and would very much like to back up my 1Password data in the cloud, which need required me to upgrade to 1Password 5 because you can't do that in earlier versions. The setup for 1Password 5 is asking me for an agilekeychain or similar and I've spent several HOURS trying to locate these files but it appears they do not exist. This is very frustrating and I'd like to know if there is a way that 1Password 5 can access several years' worth of data that I have built up in 1Password 2.12 since 2008. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wovenstrap: Just download 1Password 2 from our release archive, and then follow this guide to migrate your data to AgileKeychain Format, which 1Password 5 can also use. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• wovenstrap
    wovenstrap
    Community Member

Thank you very much. I have now created the AgileKeychain profile as instructed but there is no 1Password data in the Home > Library > Application Support directory as the instructions indicate. So what now?

• wovenstrap
    wovenstrap
    Community Member

@brenty: Hmmm. after doing that, 1Password 5 has now found the data on its own without my help. Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yesss! You're most welcome! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear all is well for you. You should be all set, but if you need anything else we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.