Verification Number Q.

cimboc
cimboc
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Could someone please clarify what the verification number is when filling out details on credit cards?
In Aus the 3 digit security number on the back of a credit card is known as the CV number and I assumed this was the same thing but just known by a different name in the US but it seems everytime I use the credit card fill in function the CV number is never filled in.

Therefore currently the auto fill for credits cards is not filling in all the details so I'm wondering if its a bug or a feature that is not worldwide.

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    You've got it right, verification number = CV. That the number is sometimes not filled is a separate issue, which is that credit card and identity filling require work on our part to improve their accuracy. Sorry for the trouble.
  • cimboc
    cimboc
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Ok thanks G, do you want samples from websites to help or is it all behind the senses stuff?
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the offer! Right now we're going to focus on making blanket improvements that should improve identity and CC filling on the majority of sites. After we've done that, we can start looking at edge cases. The trick is to fix one thing without breaking everything else. =)
  • livefeed
    livefeed
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Any update on this? Have it fill in CV would be very nice.

Thanks.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    livefeed wrote:
    Any update on this? Have it fill in CV would be very nice.

Thanks.

We haven't made any changes in this area recently. So many fun things to choose from and so little time! Our next application may be a developer's time travel one, or at least something that provides double the energy per day and twice as many hours as well. :)
This discussion has been closed.