What 1P extensions work with Firefox 38 with Snow Leopard or Yosemite?

Options
nosirrah
nosirrah
Community Member

I need to use Firefox 38 and am not finding 1P extension on either Snow or Yos. Are there extensions which will work with this Ff 38 on these?

1Password Version: Various
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Various
Sync Type: n/a

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nosirrah,

For 1Password 3, our browser extensions can be found here.

For 1Password 4 and 5, you'll want the browser extensions here.

• nosirrah
    nosirrah
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Thanks for that.

On Yos 10.10.3 I have 1P 5.3.2 (532001) which update says is the latest. The 1PFirefox extension I downloaded from the above is 4.4.2. The 1p Agent ~/Library/Application Support/1Password/Agent (with a very V3 icon) is 3.8.21. The extension says it cannot find the agent and won't install. I presume the agent might be wrong - where/how do I get the right one?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @nosirrah,

The old 1Password 3 Browser Extension only works for 1Password 3 for Mac while the 1Password 4 Browser Extensions work for both 1Password 4 and 1Password 5. You will want to remove the 1Password Extension Version 3.8.21 and if you're running the 4.4.2 version of the 1Password Firefox Extension you are indeed running the latest version and you're good to go :smile:

• nosirrah
    nosirrah
    Community Member
    Options

lbt, don't think you get a cigar for this answer. I don't have 1P Ff Extension 3.8.21, I have 1Password Agent 3.8.21. I have 1P Ff Extesion 4.4.2 which isn't bff with this Agent any more if it ever was. So I think I need a new Agent although I might just need 1Password Relationship Councellor.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nosirrah,

Apologies for the misunderstanding there.

1Password 3 does indeed include a helper process called the 1PasswordAgent and if you're now running 1Password 5 this agent is no longer required. For how to remove it and any other 1Password 3 for Mac remnants from your Mac our page Completely Uninstalling 1Password 3 should help.

1Password 4 & 5 have a process titled 1Password mini which is now contained inside of the main 1Password for Mac application bundle. The advised set up is to allow 1Password mini to run all the time as a service which is a setting in the General tab of 1Password 5's preferences.

Now if 1Password mini is running and the 1Password 4 Browser Extension cannot communicate with it there is the possibility that another piece of software is interfering. Software firewall, anti-virus, VPN - any kind of software that might fall into this kind of category could be stopping the two from communicating. Does this page, Troubleshooting communication issues between 1Password and the extension help at all?

• nosirrah
    nosirrah
    Community Member
    Options

lbt, this is where I'm at.

Used the 1P3 uninstaller, seemed to go OK.

Still 1P Ff ext not connecting to 1p mini which is running.

Now in the process of following the Troubleshooting communications page.

Am using Airport (upgraded to latest release of firmware) which refuses to allow me to set any proxies.

Would try the mauve HELP box but I have no idea where to start doing that. Directions appreciated.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nosirrah,

Tell you what, lets's see if a diagnostic report offers any insight.

I would like you to create a Diagnostic Report please. This guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

This discussion has been closed.