How to autofill identity info on forms?

I would like to set one of my identities as the default so that 1password automatically fills forms. Either that or have a keyboard command such as Ctrl + F or something. Currently I have to click the 1Password icon, hover over identities, and select my identity. It takes too many clicks and too much time. Any way to just have it autofill with a default identity or fill with keyboard command?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.585
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @kurtd,

We don't have such a feature at the moment. The best you could do right now would be to mark a certain Identity item as a favourite (so it appears in the Favourite submenu right below the search field) and then use the arrow keys and enter key to hopefully navigate the menu system in a shorter period time. Your preferences and style of workflow might mean this isn't an improvement at all, it's just the only possibility I can think of that would help now.

We can consider the idea but we also have to be careful as our shortcuts have to be accessible globally and that means playing nicely with other applications. I realise you were just throwing an idea out there but for example ctrl + F is commonly used for searching so that would be a bad one to use. That isn't to say we don't understand why you'd like to see this happen, just that there are certain areas where we have to step lightly.

This discussion has been closed.