resync iphone 5 with dropbox after phone reset

Options
sylvia_diaz
sylvia_diaz
Community Member

I had to reset my iPhone. My 1Pass app is empty. I also use it on my Mac and iPad and sync it via Dropbox. How do I resent my phone and not mess the Mac or load up? Please help me.
Sylvia

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: 5.3
OS Version: iOS 8.4.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I need Help from a team member

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Is it correct that you now have 1Password on your iPhone, but there are no data?

If that is the case and you are sure your data are all intact on your Mac and iPad, here's what I'd do in your case. I would delete 1Password from my iPhone, reset the device, and download a fresh copy. When you do that and open it, you will be asked if you're a new user or have used it before. Take the second option, and then you'll be asked whether your data are on Dropbox or iCloud. Pick Dropbox. You'll be asked to log in to your Dropbox account, unless you have the Dropbox application installed on your iPhone and are already logged on to Dropbox. Once you have verified your identity to Dropbox, it will ask you to chose the account where your data have been synced, then to pick the sync file itself. You'll be asked for your 1Password master password. If you have only one vault, there will be only one choice. If you are syncing multiple vaults, pick the one that is your primary vault. Your data will be pulled down from Dropbox and restored to 1Password. Things should be automatic from there on.

If any of this isn't clear, or if I have misunderstood your situation in any way, please post back to clarify before you proceed.

• sylvia_diaz
    sylvia_diaz
    Community Member
    Options

Hawkmoth, you are a savior. It worked. I appreciate your help. Cheers, Sylvia

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@sylvia_diaz - Hooray! Glad that helped you. And that you are back up and running.

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear hawkmoth was able to help out! :)

• sylvia_diaz
    sylvia_diaz
    Community Member
    Options

bwoodruff, Hi! hawkmoth saved my life. It was a relief see all my data come back. You guys are the best. Thank you.

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of hawkmoth you are very welcome. :) Thanks for the kind words!

This discussion has been closed.