add iOS security preference: lock 1P if lock-screen gets locked

Options
angpan32
angpan32
Community Member

I would feel A LOT safer using 1P if on iOS you introduced an additional security preference, which would allow to lock 1P if the iPhone’s lock-screen was activated.

This way, if somebody (thief/police/…) was about to forcibly take my phone away from me, I could at least press the iPhone’s lock screen button and make sure they do not have access to my info on 1P.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:security screen lock

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

You can make this happen now. Go to the 1Password Settings (gear icon near the bottom of the page), then tap Security. Turn on the option to Lock on Exit. Once that's done, if you have 1Password active on the screen, then press the off switch on the device, you'll need to renter your master password when you turn the device back on.

Is that what you want to be able to do?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @angpan32,

I hope the information hawkmoth has provided above proves useful. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

Ben

• angpan32
    angpan32
    Community Member
    Options

This is not at all the behavior I want: if I select "Lock on Exit", as soon as I switch from 1P to another app I get that 1P locks.
    This behavior is so inconvenient that I'd rather have a security risk.

What I want is a switch that would lock if and ONLY IF the iPhone lock screen gets activated.
    This way while I am using the phone (using several apps) 1P could stay unlocked for a long time without a security risk,
    and as soon as I want to lock it I could lock the iPhone screen at the press of a button

• Ben
    Options

Hi @angpan32,

Do you have a Touch ID enabled device? If so, enabling Touch ID and also Lock on Exit gives you the best of both worlds.

Thanks.

Ben

• angpan32
    angpan32
    Community Member
    Options

I do not have touch ID on my device (iPhone 5), nor I would activate it if I had it, as I see it as a security risk
    (the thumbprint can easily be duplicated, plus anybody could force my hand on the iPhone and unlock 1P).

With the lock on screen lock I would get top security, plus the convenience of not having to unlock 1P all
    the time while using the phone

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not aware of any current plans to implement such a thing, but I will certainly pass the suggestion along to our development team for their consideration.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.