Forgotten Master Password on iphone

LFrasser
LFrasser
Community Member

I have tried everything. How do I start a new vault if i can't access the master vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:master-password-not-accepted, ug:ios/, ug:ios/settings-overview, ug:ios/, kb:master-password-not-accepted

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

If you are certain that you cannot remember your master password and you know that this will mean beginning again from scratch, the easiest thing for you to do to start fresh would be to delete the application from your iPhone, restart the device, and download the application again. When you start it up, you'll be asked if you are a new user or have already used 1Password. Answer that you are a new user, and your'll start fresh.

I'm just checking to be sure though - Do you have your data on any other device, perhaps by syncing between them and your iPhone? If you do, have you checked to see if your master password works on those other devices? Did you try the advice on this page: I lost or forgot my Master Password. Help! If any of that applies, post back. I'm not sure what can be done in this case, but it is true that if you truly have forgotten your master password, there is no other option than to start over with a new vault.

• Hi @LFrasser,

Hawkmoth is correct: the only way to unlock your vault is with the Master Password. If you have truly forgotten it then you would need to start over.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.