New IPhone

jmwolford1
jmwolford1
Community Member
Cannot sync with dropbox and mac
I recently switched cell companies and upgraded my iphone from an iphone 2 to a 3. Since the switch, I cannot get my iphone to sync with dropbox or even wifi. I also cannot get it to sync with 1password on my mac either. It appears that it is not recognizing my phone. I have the latest version on my mac and my iphone. I have 1Password Pro version 3.5.7 on my phone, and version 3.6.0 on my Mac.

Comments

• jmwolford1
    jmwolford1
    Community Member
    Yes, "Failed to begin Dropbox sync. Unknown error: (null) Ticket: <OAService Ticket: status=server error. code = 0, body:>"

Thanks
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Please try restarting your device by holding down both the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Once you have restarted, try resetting Dropbox syncing from within the 1Password app on your iPhone (1Password > Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset).

I am also curious about your 1Password version since we have not released 1Password for Mac 3.6.0 yet. Are you running a beta version? That should have no bearing on Dropbox syncing but it threw me off for a second. :-)

Please let me know how it turns out.
  • jmwolford1
    jmwolford1
    Community Member
    edited March 2011
    Khad

Ok, jumped through all the hoops. When I get to Login to Dropbox, I input email and password and push done....nothing happens, push next and nothing happens and vise versa. The version I am running of 1Passord on my Mac is 3.6.0 Build Beta...

Anyway, still not working.

Thanks,
    John
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2011
    Hey John,

I'm sorry you are still having this problem.

The error message you listed above looks like a Dropbox authentication error. Can you create a Dropbox login in 1Password and successfully log in to the Dropbox website using 1Password? Please try this:

1. Tap Add
    2. Tap Login
    3. Tap Regular Login
    4. Enter "dropbox.com"
    5. Tap Save
    6. Enter your Dropbox credentials (your username is your email address)
    7. Tap Save
    8. Tap the newly created Dropbox login
    9. Tap the "dropbox.com" URL

The mobile Dropbox site should load, your login information should be filled, and if you tap the "Sign in" button, you should be logged in without error. Are you able to successfully log in to the mobile Dropbox website with the login you just created in 1Password? Please let me know.
  • jmwolford1
    jmwolford1
    Community Member
    That worked. However once the sync stopped my Iphone logins were zapped. These dropbox error messages appeared in abundance....something about "conflict with 3-21-2011 sync" Couldnt clip and paste. I then tried my 1Password on my Mac and plugged my IPhone into it and tried to sync....says its offline or something.

John
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    If you still have that working Dropbox login, 1Password will grab the information from that login when you attempt to set up Dropbox. This is good because (1) it makes it simpler and (2) you just confirmed that your Dropbox credentials were entered correctly by using that same login to access the mobile Dropbox site from within 1Password.

If you reset Dropbox syncing (Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset), it should pick up the credentials and work now. Are you saying that is not working?

If you have an abundance of conflicts, you may need to run the Sync Conflict Resolver in 1Password for Mac (Help > Tools > Find and Resolve Sync Conflicts).

If you are still having trouble, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report from 1Password on your Mac, open 1Password and select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. Then attach the entire file to an email to support@agilewebsolutions.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.
  • jmwolford1
    jmwolford1
    Community Member
    Khad,

It's working....here is what I did. I deleted 1Password off of my IPhone. I went back to the App Store and redownloaded. I set up sync with Dropbox as per instructed earlier and it worked. For some reason I have 2 agile keychain files in my dropbox. Should the one that hasnt been modified in a while be deleted? I read other post about conflicts with dublicate kechain files. Thanks for the help on getting this fixed. I depend heavily on 1P on my iphone for work on the road.
This discussion has been closed.