Can you open PDFs in iBooks after they have been opened within 1Password?

dbjjones_comcast
dbjjones_comcast
Community Member

Why can't I open a PDF in iBooks from within 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

Hi @dbjjones_comcast,

When you're viewing a PDF attachment in 1Password for iOS (requires Pro Features to be unlocked) you can first tap the Share icon, then tap Open in iBooks.

When you're viewing a PDF document in 1Browser, Open in iBooks is not available after tapping the Share icon; this may be added with a future update. One way to open the PDF in iBooks is to first select Open in Safari.

After the PDF opens with Safari, select Open in "iBooks" from there. Tap in the document to see Open in "iBooks" again if it disappears before selecting it.

Another option is to create a workflow using the Workflow app that can open a PDF you're viewing in 1Browser with iBooks. Something as simple as this will do the trick:

Then make sure Run Workflow is enabled under the share sheet in 1Browser, which is similar to enabling the extension for 1Password in Safari.

Once Run Workflow is enabled, you'll be able to select it after tapping the Share icon in 1Browser.

After that, when viewing a PDF document, select the workflow created earlier; I've named my example Open with iBooks.

Then iBooks will open, viewing the same PDF that was being viewed in 1Browser.

There's no shortage of other ways to make use of Workflow, which is a paid app, than just for this purpose. :)

I hope that's helpful for you. Let us know if you have other questions about this or anything else. Thanks!

ref: OPI-840

This discussion has been closed.