1Password won't connect to Helper with SecureIT on my PC [Moved to email support]

Options

Comments

• albeth7
    albeth7
    Community Member
    Options

I'm brand new to 1P. I have the icon on my toolbar. I went to my first website to change my password, opened up the change password page, clicked on the "1" icon on the toolbar, and I get the same message when it opens up a new page. I am on windows 7. SecureIT is my internet security. That is all I know. I'm so frustrated, I thought this was supposed to be easy!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @albeth7,

It usually is simple when there are no other security programs interfering with 1Password, we just need to help you configure your security programs properly. Unfortunately, it is their job to do this in order to make sure nothing weird is going on your computer. We're trying to work with all companies to whitelist 1Password or to reduce the occurrence of this issue.

We're not familiar with SecureIT. Can you temporarily disable it and see if 1Password works? One thing that might help is to look at SecureIT's logs to see if it is blocking 1Password for any reasons.

If you're not sure, please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• albeth7
    albeth7
    Community Member
    Options

when I click on the "1" in the tool bar should it then open a new window? That is what happens. I disabled my secure IT and the same thing still happened. I'm not sure I'm doing the right steps in the first place. I open the change password page then click the 1, then a new window opens. Is that what is supposed to happen?

• albeth7
    albeth7
    Community Member
    Options

If I log out and log in, it does not ask to save my password either. It seems to not be working at all. I've been trying to figure this out all day and it is making me so frustrated!

• albeth7
    albeth7
    Community Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Here is the link to my report

• @albeth7 - Thanks, we have received your report and will reply to you via email.

ref: VRC-54328-42

• albeth7
    albeth7
    Community Member
    Options

thanks so much!

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome. It looks like Laura is helping you already, we'll keep it going in the email.

• albeth7
    albeth7
    Community Member
    Options

this is still not resolved!

• Hey @albeth7, we've replied to your email :)

• albeth7
    albeth7
    Community Member
    Options

got it, but that did not fix the problem :(

• You've got more mail :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @albert7,

There is no need to update this thread, we'll be with you via emails until we get you up and running. Please only reply to the emails for now.

• albeth7
    albeth7
    Community Member
    Options

This is still not resolved. I haven't heard anything all afternoon. I'm loosing hope this will be resolved. How do I get a refund?

• MikeT
    Options

We have a smaller team on the weekend but we will reply within 24 hours but it is usually much faster than that. I've replied to your email with more information and also about the refund.

• MikeT
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi @albert7,

I've split your posts into its own thread here since your issue is not related to the other thread. As I said before, we will handle your issue via emails as we have more access to you there. We have separate teams for the forum and email working at all hours to help, so someone will help you via emails as soon as they can.

This discussion has been closed.