Can't restore Pro purchase.

Options
TSB
TSB
Community Member

Hi
I'm a long time 1Password customer. Recently I had to swap my faulty iPhone for a new one. Unfortunately when setting up the phone I couldn't restore it from a backup because it was corrupted. So I've had to set the phone as new. Now when I try to restore Pro features it says I need to use the right apple id, but I am.

Can you please help?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

So long as you use the identical Apple ID to the one you used when you made the in-app purchase to enable the pro features you should be able to enable them on the new phone. Please tell us the exact error message you see when you try to restore the pro features.

Please also tell us what version of 1Password for iOS you are using

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TSB: Indeed. But be sure that you not only are logged into the correct Apple ID when you try to restore the purchase, but the app itself must be installed under that Apple ID as well for the App Store to allow this. If you're still having trouble, Apple may be able to get it fixed for you if there's a glitch with the App Store that's preventing the restoration. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• TSB
    TSB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks guys. I'm using v5.4.3

Hmm so I've done a bit of digging through my old emails and have discovered that back in 2008 I purchased licences for Mac app for AUD$36, and other licence purchases in 2009 for new versions. I also have an iTunes receipt for 1Password Pro v2.2.1 from 2009 that show the app was purchased for free. If I memory serves the Pro app might have been offered to licence holders as part of an offer? I'll keep digging to confirm.

Anyway, that must be why I can't restore the purchase, because I've always had Pro features from that app, and there was never an in-app purchase of rate Pro features? Is it possible to look back through my account history to confirm this, and then look at how I can restore the pro features to my app?

Thanks for the help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TSB: 1Password 4 was a paid upgrade, so unless you purchased that version (in the 2013-2014 timeframe, I believe) prior to 1Password 5, you won't be grandfathered into the Pro Features. Indeed, prior to 1Password 5, there was no in-app purchase; it was simply a paid app.

And while it sounds like this case may be closed, if you do have questions about the transaction, you'd need to contact Apple. Since they own and operate the App Store, we simply don't have access to that information. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Oswaldo
    Oswaldo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I bought 1Password Pro for Iphone V 3.7.2 and I recently installed V 5.4.3 and transferred all my data. But when I tried to install 1Password´s Pro Features, I saw that a message that said "There was no purchase associated with your Apple ID", but actually buying if it was made with the same ID, so I would appreciate your support in this regard,

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Oswaldo,

1Password 5's Pro features are a separate purchase from 1Password 3 Pro for iOS.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.