1password xpi for Portable Firefox

Hi there,

I am using 1password on my mac for quite some time now and I am very happy with it. I recently purchased a windows license and wanted to use the plugin together with firefox.

I use PortableFirefox and pointed the plugin installer to the right .exe but it wouldnt recognize Firefox.

Is the xpi to install the addon available to download and install manually? I didnt find it on the site and the search on the forums didnt match any topics.

Thanks
Mario :)

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Mario, welcome to the forum!

As documented in Where is the 1P button in my browser? in the FAQ section of the user's guide, 1Password for Windows is not compatible with Firefox Portable.
  • Hi David,

DBrown wrote:

As documented in Where is the 1P button in my browser? in the FAQ section of the user's guide, 1Password for Windows is not compatible with Firefox Portable.

Thanks for pointing that out. Didn't see that. But still it is kind of a bummer for me :unsure:

Cheers
    Mario
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Please see How do I use my 1Password data when away from my computer? in the FAQ section of the user's guide for some alternatives, including 1PasswordAnywhere.

I hope that helps, Mario!
  • I am using 1password for windows with Firefox Portable 4. and it seems working completely ! :)

*Windows7 Professional 32bit (Japanese version)
    *1Password for windows 1.0.5.Beta179
    *Firefox Portable 4 from http://portableapps.com/

What I did.
    1. Install 1Password for windows.
    2. create new text file in the (parent directory)\FirefoxPortable\Data\profile\extensions directory.
    3. Open the text file by editor(ex. notepad.exe) , write as follows(only 1 line) and save it.

C:\Program Files\1Password\firefox@1passwd.com

if you are using 64 it version, write as follows

C:\Program Files (x86)\1Password\firefox@1passwd.com

4. rename the text file as "firefox@1passwd.com"
    5. run Firefox portable and check add-ons.

t0nto
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, t0nto, and thanks for posting that information about your experiments.

Just for the record, though, 1Password for Windows currently is neither tested nor confirmed to be compatible with any version of Firefox Portable or with 64-bit versions of Firefox or Internet Explorer.

That said, we admire your adventurous spirit, and we'll be happy to hear of your ongoing experiences!
This discussion has been closed.