User name

Options
azonie
azonie
Community Member

When I sign in with either password or finger print I do not see spot for user name and I can't remember it. Is it email address I set up with.

Comments

• azonie
    azonie
    Community Member
    Options

Is my user name for forum and 1password app the same. How do I reveal it in the app

• Ben
    Options

Hi @azonie,

There is no username for the 1Password app. It doesn't use one.

Thanks!

Ben

• azonie
    azonie
    Community Member
    Options

Thx. Couldn't remember.

• Ben
    Options

No problem. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

• azonie
    azonie
    Community Member
    Options

Let me ask you this one if I sync with iCloud and wife's iPhone my data will not not be on 1passwords server. Just two iPhones and our iCloud account. Right?

Just don't want any info out there on a 3rd party server.

• Ben
    Options

Let me ask you this one if I sync with iCloud and wife's iPhone my data will not not be on 1passwords server. Just two iPhones and our iCloud account. Right?

Correct. By default your data is only stored on your devices. Setting up syncing sends the encrypted data to Apple (for iCloud) or Dropbox (for Dropbox). WiFi sync does a local sync between your Mac and iOS device(s).

Just don't want any info out there on a 3rd party server.

Note that Apple would technically be a 3rd party in this case. ;)

Thanks!

Ben

• azonie
    azonie
    Community Member
    Options

True and not sure I should feel more comfortable with Apple.

Anyway where do I find instructions to sync my iPhone with wife's.

• Ben
    Options

Fortunately you don't really have to trust the sync provider as all they are sent is encrypted data.

You can find sync instructions here:
    https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/syncing.html

Note that for iCloud all devices must use the same Apple ID, so if you and your wife are using separate Apple IDs you'd need to choose a different sync method if you want to share data.

Thanks!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Anyway where do I find instructions to sync my iPhone with wife's.

If you are both using iCloud for syncing and have separate AppleIDs, you and your wife will not be able to share your vaults. Apple does not permit sharing data among different AppleIDs. If sharing is important to you, you'll need to switch to Dropbox for syncing. It does permit sharing data. If you do switch, you can read more about sharing on this page.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @azonie,

Please do let us know if we can offer any further help at all. Sadly this is all correct, you can only sync a primary vault between iOS devices that are linked to the same iCloud account and if you each use your own Apple IDs that won't be possible. That's where Dropbox, assuming you don't object to them, are much more versatile. Please do let us know if you have further questions :smile:

This discussion has been closed.