Websites that require another button pushed for info

berketed
berketed
Community Member

Websites that require another button pushed for info brings up blank tab and returns me to login- this is within 1password, But again if I press a button for e.g. Bill pay at my banks web site it happens all over. Within app the 1password works ok. Ican go to another button, like bill pay, and actually open it up.,
I running the current iOS 8.4.- I believe, on my iPad Air 2

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Websites that require another button pushed for info brings up blank tab and returns me to login

Comments

• berketed
    berketed
    Community Member

Addendum to my post berketed I use most current 1password 5.5 I believe . iOS is 8.4.1

• Hi @berketed,

Does this work as expected when using Safari with the 1Password Extension? You can read about the extension here:
    https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/extension.html

Please let us know.

Thanks!

Ben

• berketed
    berketed
    Community Member

Seems to work fine with extension, e.g. I signed into this discussion without going into 1password per se. It seems like my troubles started with the most recent update of 1password. I also checked with a tech smart person At my bank and it is not the banks fault we concluded. It happens at other sites too.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@berketed: I'm sorry for the confusion! 1Password doesn't push buttons for you, so I'm not sure I understand what you're referring to.

Please tell me the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect. Perhaps a screenshot would help. The more information you can give, the better. For instance, if you are having trouble with specific sites, the URLs might help. Please let me know what you find. Thanks in advance! :)

• bob_pickwoad
    bob_pickwoad
    Community Member

I also have the same issue since the last IOS update, the previous version worked as expected. In iOS, once logged in to my Easyspace control panel, one has to either click on "go to mail filter" button, in which case 1Password opens a new tab with the original log in screen rather than going to the filtered mails. If you click and hold to bring up "open in new tab" , once selected, a warning pops up saying "failed to load page, unsupported URL" This is happening on my iPhone 6 and my iPad retina, both running the same, latest version (It is not happening on older versions on my original iPad and elderly iPod Touch). If I log on to these sites using IOS Safari (not using the extension), entering all the details as required does what I want and sends me to the appropriate pages. Using the IOS Safari extension also works correctly. On my iMac (Yosemite 10.10.5; 1Password 5.3.2) 1Password works as expected, going where told to by clicking the required button. This is a pity, as the site is the one I use most often. Other logins seem to work OK, I'll add to the postings if I find others have a similar issue

• berketed
    berketed
    Community Member

Ok I figured out to leave screen shots. With these and my previous posts, plus the other member who posted similar problem I hope you understand better. But I will sum up:
    Within 1password at a logged onto site, the site button (eg bill pay) that previously would take me to where I was supposed to go, DID. NOW INSTEAD, bill pay button does not bring up the bill pay page or tab if you will, but rather an empty tab. But the original logged-into-page is in available in a tab, if I try again to push the bill pay button it happens again. Previously with 1password I would go to billpay not now since the update.
    I use iPad Air 2 with iOS 8.4,1 with 1password 5.5 (most recent update)'
    Out of 1password' in safari, current version, the extension works fine,
    I hope this helps my explanation

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@berketed: Aha! Thanks for clarifying. I'm sorry for the trouble!

The screenshot helps immensely: the website is opening this "bill pay" item in a popup window, which does not work in 1Browser. To be clear, we haven't changed anything on our end, as 1Password (like all iOS apps which want to offer a built-in browser) must use Apple's Safari webview. It's likely that something has changed there, but I can't offer any insight into what or why, since that's Apple's domain.

Mobile Safari itself is a bit limited compared to desktop browsers, and the webview that 3rd party developers have access to is even moreso. I know that recent iOS updates have patched some security holes, so it may be that changes were made to mitigate some threats from malicious sites using popups for nefarious purposes.

However, the good news is that if it will work at all on iOS, it should work in Safari itself. so using the 1Password extension there is a good workaround until this is improved. I understand that there should be some more options available to developers in iOS 9, so we will see if we can take advantage of that to make 1Browser even better in a future version of 1Password for iOS. :)

• berketed
    berketed
    Community Member

Thank you very much!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thank you for your support and feedback. We couldn't do what we do without you and the rest of our awesome customers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.