My Dropbox Pro for IOS does not sync attachments from Dropbox

KMWAZ
KMWAZ
Community Member

I have version IOS ver 5.5 and attachments for several items are there on the Desktop app but don't sync to IOS? I have tried deleting and redownloading app for App Store and still nothing? Any ideas?

1Password Version: 5.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 8.4.1.
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:My Dropbox Pro for IOS does not sync attachments from Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @KMWAZ,

Viewing of attachments on iOS is a "Pro feature." Have you unlocked the Pro features for your Apple ID? You can find more info here:
    https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/pro-features.html

Thanks!

Ben

• KMWAZ
    KMWAZ
    Community Member

Yeah mine says "PURCHASED" in green?

• Thanks. In that case can you please try adding a new Secure Note on your desktop and see if it appears on the iOS device?

Ben

• KMWAZ
    KMWAZ
    Community Member

Ben, thanks for the help. I did create "secure note" on desktop and it did sync to iPhone?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@KMWAZ: Great! Thanks for the update. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions. :)

• KMWAZ
    KMWAZ
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

Well actually the problem was with attachments to membership (insurance cards) that still does not work

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@KMWAZ: Sorry for misunderstanding. It wasn't clear whether you were asking a question or making a statement, but it sounds like you're still having some trouble. :(

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you having trouble with all attachments, or just those in specific items (such as the membership you mentioned)? I know this works, because my auto insurance policy documents are stored in a membership item which is in turn sync'd to my iOS devices, so I wonder if there is something different about your setup. I have no idea what platforms you're using 1Password on, for example. It may be that the files themselves are corrupt. Have you tried simply re-adding the attachments? Do they show up in 1Password for iOS, but are not viewable? Are they viewable on other devices? So many questions! Thanks in advance! :)

• KMWAZ
    KMWAZ
    Community Member

1Password 5.5, IOS 8.4.1 on iPhone 6, syncing to iMac Yosemite 10.10.5, I believe it affects attachments in general. But per your advice I double checked the desktop 1Password where I added them and behold they were not showing up when I tapped on them, said they were corrupt. Odd the folder these images came still had the images as all fine. So I deleted all three images from each membership in 1Password and re-added (the exact same ones which were viewable) and made sure this time after I did I could actually click and get an image before in 1Password desktop before I sync'd it to the iphone. And Viola. it worked. Beats me. didn't really add them a different way the second time but they work now. Thanks for the help.

• Glad to hear re-adding the attachments resolves the issue! Thank you for the update. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

This discussion has been closed.